How Quick is Quick?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
My question is with regard to mini manicures and pedicures for pamper parties and indulgence evenings. If Clients are paying £5 for quick shape, cuticle work and polish, then how far does a tech go on their cuticle work. If the clients does not usually look after their nails then the shape and cuticles are likely to be in poor condition which usually require more time for correcting. At these events, time is limited but a polish job is likely to look unprofessional if there is still excess cuticle etc..... So, how far do you go and how quick is quick?

It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to remove cuticle and smooth the surface of the plate and do a little shape and polish, IMO.:)

geeg said:
It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to remove cuticle and smooth the surface of the plate and do a little shape and polish, IMO.:)

OMG but Geeg, you've been in the business for HOW long? I'm a fairly newbie and painstakingly try to be perfect in all that I do:) .

Trying to be perfect is GOOD!!! But You do not have to do a salon service at a pamper party. You said QUICK

cleanse hands with Cool Blue
apply cuticle remover and while still on and working
shape all nails .. quickly
remove the cuticle and then the remover and gently buff the nail surface with a white block or 1200 grit side of the Koala buffer.
Apply base coat
apply 2 thin coats of colour
apply top coat.

geeg said:
Trying to be perfect is GOOD!!! But You do not have to do a salon service at a pamper party. You said QUICK

cleanse hands with Cool Blue
remove the cuticle and then the remover and gently buff the nail surface with a white block or 1200 grit side of the Koala buffer.
Apply base coat
apply 2 thin coats of colour
apply top coat.

It's all down to practise, practise, practise until my first indulgence evening in Nov. Thanks.

Just like that! oh Geeg, you make things sound so easy and uncomplicated. I cant wait for the day that all aspects of nails will be just second nature to me too. I love when you reply to threads, its just straight to the point. And I mean it in the nicest possible way.

geeg said:

Fab tip! - I always do them seperatley but am doing mini mani's with colour/ art a Breast Cancer Care event coming up so will def be trying this out.
Thanks
KxXx

Latest posts

Back