how to get started

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Can I just say what an excellent find this site is, I just finished a two day fast track course last week in Manchester on Acrylic nails, and even though was very intense, I have been practising every day and up to now, the nails have been okay. I am going out to Spain at the end of the month, and I am hoping to start out as a mobile tech, when I get there. Is there any help, tips, info anyone can offer me. Also, is there any particular products you can recommend to start using - and any add on services you think I should look into offering. At the moment I know how to do a straight forward manicure with a hand/arm massage and to do Acrylic nails. When I am looking at taking a load of supplies with me, can your recommend any definates that I need, to help me do a good job.
Sorry it's long winded!:Love: :rolleyes: :cool:

Welcome to the site.

You said you did a 'fast' track course on in l&p (liquid and powder)? The course is now finished; so are you practising on models or a nail trainer at the moment? Will you be charging a full price for your nail enhancements when you go over to Spain or will this be half price for a limited time until you thing you are confident enought to charge full price?

The majority of geeks on here use Creative, EZflow and other well known brands - not just any old stuff. You need to be trained with these companies to use their products. Which product did you train with?

You should be qualified in manicure treatments before you do any nail enhancements. For manicure products, you can use a wide range, Salon Systems, Creative Spa, and loads more out there on the market. Its all up to preference and your budget. Perhaps you can also pay a visit down to your local beauty suppliers and they might be able to help also. Or just do a search on here where there is loads of information.

Other treatments - many of us on here do beauty treatments as well, waxing, tanning etc, so perhaps they might be good add on services for you.

Good luck for the future.

ADiva1 said:
Welcome to the site.

You said you did a 'fast' track course on in l&p (liquid and powder)? The course is now finished; so are you practising on models or a nail trainer at the moment? Will you be charging a full price for your nail enhancements when you go over to Spain or will this be half price for a limited time until you thing you are confident enought to charge full price?

The majority of geeks on here use Creative, EZflow and other well known brands - not just any old stuff. You need to be trained with these companies to use their products. Which product did you train with?

You should be qualified in manicure treatments before you do any nail enhancements. For manicure products, you can use a wide range, Salon Systems, Creative Spa, and loads more out there on the market. Its all up to preference and your budget. Perhaps you can also pay a visit down to your local beauty suppliers and they might be able to help also. Or just do a search on here where there is loads of information.

Other treatments - many of us on here do beauty treatments as well, waxing, tanning etc, so perhaps they might be good add on services for you.

Good luck for the future.

Thanks for your help - I am practising on friends and family a.t.m and not actually charging anything. I just want the practise. When I get out to spain, I will do a promo offer I think, do them cheaper to get some clients in, whilst still building my confidence up at the same time. As for products, theres lots of them out there, the ones I bought off the course, came from a company called Nail Supplies, they are probably working in conjuction with the people who run the course. We were taught manicure first, although very quickly and I have done quite a few since, but still learning.
Thanks again for your help.

Latest posts

Back