How to introduce price increases?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmonie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need to increase my acrylic infill prices. I currently charge only £15 but really need this to go to at least £20 (probably £20)

So, how do i tell my customers? I can text, email, write to each one to forwarn them but need some advice on "how" to write.

Thanks
x

Perhaps you could add on a little extra for their next infill i.e little hand massage or a voucher for 10% off a treatment

Just so they feel they are getting extra for their money?
Could try something like

Hello.....(Name)

Hope you are well. A quick email to let you know that infills prices will be increasing to XX amount from (date) but as you are a loyal client on your next infill booking you will recieve a free hand & arm massage with your infill treatment.

Thank you for reading and hope to see you soon

i put a notice on my desk about 4 weeks before i introduce new prices or treatments so that they will all be forewarned when they have the next treatment.

I have just taken on a new skincare brand and am having to re-do all my brochure, so I'm going to use this as an opportunity to increase some of my prices. Even my clients are beginning to comment that I'm cheap!! :eek:

What I have decided to do is get lots of new brochures printed and simply do a mail shot to all my clients, even if they only visit once a year, and introduce them to it that way. I won't directly mention the price increase, but it will be there in black and white for all to see.

Thats the thing. As infill clients i see them every two weeks so just sending a brouchure wouldnt work. I have told a few verbally. I guess a email shot all round is the answer giving them plenty of warning?

Thats the thing. As infill clients i see them every two weeks so just sending a brouchure wouldnt work. I have told a few verbally. I guess a email shot all round is the answer giving them plenty of warning?

Tell each of them at their next appointment, face to face is better. Also, whenever I increase my prices I do it with immediate effect for new clients but tell my regulars that they have 2 months notice of the increase, that way they feel they are being rewarded for being a regular client and they have time to get used to it.

hth's

I would simply charge normal price at their next treatment, but forewarn them of the price increase for subsequent treatments. Explain that you have kept your prices at X for such a time, and unfortunately due to increasing costs you can no longer sustain this so there will have to be an increase. Business is business, keeps it professional, in such a way that loyal customers will respect your situation. X

Thanks for all your advise.

I have just sent an email newsletter to all clients with news, special offers and the price increase.

Have given all clients a few weeks grace and explained it it comes in with immeadiate effect for new clients.

Will also take the desk notice on board too.

x

Latest posts

Back