How to wax if someone has varicose veins?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 119540

Reaction score
Hello,

I've done a waxing course and I am still unsure about the process of waxing if someone has varicose veins.

So I know that if someone has varicose veins you can only wax above the vein, but I just want to be conpletely clear. Does this mean, if someone has a varicose vein, just under their knee, you can only wax from the knee and up and that you cannot wax around their lower legs at all.

Thanks in advance.

Depends if it is just superficial veins or actual varicose veins , personally I would not. As the health part of that is the clots which could travel etc.. It's also more painful.
I would suggest she gets doc note , rather safe then sorry.

Clients always say it's fine but let one thing go wrong no matter how many years they been coming to you and you think your buddy buddy! When it goes wrong you be first to blame so I always treat my friends and clients equally with regards to safety and clients indemnity forms and record keeping precautions etc..

Depends if it is just superficial veins or actual varicose veins , personally I would not. As the health part of that is the clots which could travel etc.. It's also more painful.
I would suggest she gets doc note , rather safe then sorry.

Clients always say it's fine but let one thing go wrong no matter how many years they been coming to you and you think your buddy buddy! When it goes wrong you be first to blame so I always treat my friends and clients equally with regards to safety and clients indemnity forms and record keeping precautions etc..

Thanks for your reply, I actually don't have a client with this scenario, I was just using it as an example, as I just want to make sure if I ever am in the situation, then I'm prepared.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back