How will you promote your spraytan business this season?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
With summer looking like it's finally arrived and the spraytan season has well and truly begun how will you promote and grow your buisness this season?

Whichever brand you use what way's are you planning to either gain new customes or encourage your existing customers to visit you more often or even to take up other services you offer?

Are you looking to advertise,develope a website,do some intro promotions,group bookings,reduced price top up tan's or block bookings (buy 4 and get one free kind of things),get out there with flyers on the high street,advertise in your local newspaper etc ....

So come on guy's how are you planning to spread the :Love:

well, I had a spraytan from Scattyfox last night using my new solution and it looks the NUTS!! lol..... I sprayed her too, waiting to hear what she looks like cos she went darker than me... :eek: I am going to make an effort to ALWAYS be wearing my tan, I have been a bit lazy about it in the past but now we've come up with this 'you spray me and i'll spray you for nothing' idea there is no excuse :green:

I am going to start offering half price on 6th tan... i'm going to e-mail everyone a flyer that I havent heard from for a while (cheaper than flyers in the post) and tell them about my offers and offer them a discount on their next tan...

Quick, where's my diary?? lol

I was thinking about this last night in the bath! (i get all my great ideas in my bathroom lol!).

Can us beauty therapists not join hands and set up a safe sun day! I.E we promote spray tanning through safety awareness of the potential dangers of UV and Natural Sun tanning. If we set a date mid summer and contact those people who do the sun safety campaigns and run the skin cancer charitys and offer an intro/special rate for this one day to get potential new clients into tanning.

It could work the same way the guild and babtac run their promotions. Only we will be a network of therapists offering safe and quick tanning!

Its easy enough to do if we contact all the local charities, spray tan companies and local papers etc, which is easy enough to do with just a standard letter. In todays society where anything beauty related hits the media over the dangers this could be a big positive!

August bank hol weekend would be a good time to promote this, as a lot of salons become quieter over this period anyway. It will also raise awareness to those thousands of concert goers etc who get burnt at this time of year by not being aware of the dangers.

I was considering a company that was going to offer spray on sun protection, that went through an HVLP machine. They never went ahead with it which was a shame. Just imagine going to glasto, creamfields, T in the park and other days out etc, and spraying clients with SPF for a fiver!

What do you think??? It would hopefully gain us media coverage and new clients.

Kate

because im new to this tanning lark,
i will be promoting tans, this season, by offering, buy 5 get 6th free, etc
a ten day top up for a reduced rate
going to do a tanathon!!( twirl!!!)

and most of all wearing it myself
i cant wait to see how it all pans out for me and the spray tan business as a whole this summer

because im new to this tanning lark,
i will be promoting tans, this season, by offering, buy 5 get 6th free, etc
a ten day top up for a reduced rate
going to do a tanathon!!( twirl!!!)

and most of all wearing it myself
i cant wait to see how it all pans out for me and the spray tan business as a whole this summer

mmmmm you might be new to this but at the rate your already picking things up im sure your efforts this season will be succesfull Nikki:hug:

You are already wearing the best form of marketing ..the tan itself.

Far to often operators forget to tan themselves or why not try tanning the receptionist..that way people will admire their tan and ask questions.

Also maybe try cross selling...if the customer is in for nails..talk to them about a tan and likewise if the customer is in talk to them about nails......this way you can tap into your existing customer bas but simply increase the level of uptake of your different services offered.

A good way is to offer a reduced price "trial" for a service the customer hasnt had with you as yet.

Remenberwith diffeent reatments offered in salons you get between half an hour and up to a coiple of hours to talk to them on a one to one basis.
It is important however to be subtle about it...dont try and sell,sell,sell...do it softly so the customer desnt get scared off everytime they come into the salon.

if you have staff maybe offer the receptinist some kind of incentive as she is your front end sales person...maybe offer her an incentive against all new treatments booked with existing customers.
Give it a try...you will be amazed at how much additional buisness you can generate with just your existing customers.

Keep spreading the :Love:no matter which service you offer or brand you use:hug:

I was thinking about this last night in the bath! (i get all my great ideas in my bathroom lol!).

Can us beauty therapists not join hands and set up a safe sun day! I.E we promote spray tanning through safety awareness of the potential dangers of UV and Natural Sun tanning. If we set a date mid summer and contact those people who do the sun safety campaigns and run the skin cancer charitys and offer an intro/special rate for this one day to get potential new clients into tanning.

It could work the same way the guild and babtac run their promotions. Only we will be a network of therapists offering safe and quick tanning!

Its easy enough to do if we contact all the local charities, spray tan companies and local papers etc, which is easy enough to do with just a standard letter. In todays society where anything beauty related hits the media over the dangers this could be a big positive!

August bank hol weekend would be a good time to promote this, as a lot of salons become quieter over this period anyway. It will also raise awareness to those thousands of concert goers etc who get burnt at this time of year by not being aware of the dangers.

I was considering a company that was going to offer spray on sun protection, that went through an HVLP machine. They never went ahead with it which was a shame. Just imagine going to glasto, creamfields, T in the park and other days out etc, and spraying clients with SPF for a fiver!

What do you think??? It would hopefully gain us media coverage and new clients.

Kate

kate ..what a fantastic idea ..if your looking for a sponsor ..well im in..maybe other manufacturers that are used bu you Geeks may also like to join in ...hello anybody there.

How would you see promoting it??

By the way...I also find bath time not only a time to wash the body but the mind too...thats the only time I find some peace and quiet to think strait :hug:

By the way...I also find bath time not only a time to wash the body but the mind too...thats the only time I find some peace and quiet to think strait :hug:

well dont think for too long Collin - you'll fade your tan!! :green:

Latest posts

Back