Https-anyone ready?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - I am glad the website has "sorted itself out" - I have emailed freewebs, no response which, as I pay them, is very frustrating. I cannot find a contact number to ask for this pop up option. Surely they cannot just ignore my request - any ideas? I didn't really want to start mucking about and changing anything as 1. I do not know what I am doing and 2. I had spent so long getting the website as it is and am worried about having to start again / setting things up.

I will search the internet again and try and find out how I can contact them but I DO need them to provide this for me, as you said.

Any suggestions on how I do it myself or is it down to them? If it's down to them shouldn;t this them make them at fault for not contacting / replying to my request?

Thanks

Carly x
There is nothing you can do without them really but unfortunately, it's a case of getting what you pay for. They should 100% reply to you but it's not unusual for these cheap services to potentially take several weeks. The downside to DIY platforms, unfortunately.

There is nothing you can do without them really but unfortunately, it's a case of getting what you pay for. They should 100% reply to you but it's not unusual for these cheap services to potentially take several weeks. The downside to DIY platforms, unfortunately.

Thank you for your reply - if I was to take the step to change to another company, who would be the easiest to transfer my domain over to and if I did this, would my website still remain the same or would I need to completely re do?

It's not an option I wanted to go down but if they will not help, even though I pay to them, I don't have much other choice. I'm fine to create a website but to swap a domain name over etc is where I will get stuck.

Carly x

Thank you for your reply - if I was to take the step to change to another company, who would be the easiest to transfer my domain over to and if I did this, would my website still remain the same or would I need to completely re do?

It's not an option I wanted to go down but if they will not help, even though I pay to them, I don't have much other choice. I'm fine to create a website but to swap a domain name over etc is where I will get stuck.

Carly x
You'd have to build a new site from scratch because with all DIY platforms, no matter if you pay or not, you don't own your website. Domain transferring you should transfer to an independent domain company anyway. Such as 123-reg.co.uk. Then you just 'point it' to whatever company you prefer.

I recommend always paying a professional but if that's not on the cards, Squarespace is the best DIY platform out there currently.

You'd have to build a new site from scratch because with all DIY platforms, no matter if you pay or not, you don't own your website. Domain transferring you should transfer to an independent domain company anyway. Such as 123-reg.co.uk. Then you just 'point it' to whatever company you prefer.

I recommend always paying a professional but if that's not on the cards, Squarespace is the best DIY platform out there currently.

Thank you - I think I purchased my domain from 123-reg - I have just renewed as well.

Do you think it is best to contact Squarespace and ask about assisting and GDPR complaint bits I require for the website if I go with them and bite the bullet to start again?

Thank you for your help so far.

Carly x

Thank you - I think I purchased my domain from 123-reg - I have just renewed as well.

Do you think it is best to contact Squarespace and ask about assisting and GDPR complaint bits I require for the website if I go with them and bite the bullet to start again?

Thank you for your help so far.

Carly x
Yeah, worth asking them what features they offer and if they suit your needs. Like I say, it's impossible to be 100% compliant. A popup means very little.

Yeah, worth asking them what features they offer and if they suit your needs. Like I say, it's impossible to be 100% compliant. A popup means very little.

Thank you again - what are the main things I should be asking / looking at - I have finally had a couple of responses - some issues sorted but have not heard back about anything to do with GDPR - so frustrating!

Latest posts

Back