hvlp cleaning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou-lou06

Reaction score
Hi! Please be gentle this is my first post! I must confess that after doing a tanning party i got home very late and couldn't be bothered to clean it out! (bad I know). Anyway I've cleaned it with just water as shown (I'm using the Duomist) but the tan is coming out 'speckly'! I've since cleaned it a few more times and it's still doing it. What other cleaning product can i use? Or any other ideas would be very welcome, thank you x

try turing it up so the spray comes out more wet (use water ) then once clean turn it back down and try it again xxx

Thanks, I have tried this and it was a little better but still needs more i think. I could've sworn i was told there was something else i could use to clean it as an emergency but can't think what!! Thanks!

Try a weak solution of Mr muscle window cleaner in water, works a treat.

ooh yeah i forgot about that , lol , xx

I didnt know about that one :hug:

Every day I get calls in from spraytan operators who are experiancing "spitting" problems with their equipment...everytime I ask if they clean the gun regularly and evertime I get a "yes of course I do"
after a few questions it becomes aparent that they just clean the pot and run water through the gun..
DHA is sugar based and over time there is a build up of sugar which clogs the gun and causes the needle to stick ..thus spitting problems.

i then go through how to fully strip down the gun to its basic components with the operator and hey presto ..problem solved.
It is essential that you ,from time to time (dependant on the number of spraytans you do0 completly strip your gun down and soak it overnight to loosen up any conjealed DHA..then again wash the gun through and reasemble.

The company from whome you purchased your equipment should have covered this in your training and be more than willing to talk you through how to do this with you on the other end of the phone with the gun in your hands.
Keep your gun clean and you should have no problems whatsoever :hug:

i had to do this the other day, and mine is new!!!
but i stripped the gun down soaked and cleaned it and now its great again, its something i will definately keep on top of every few days, depending on often its used aswell

i can strip and re assemble my gun in 6 seconds,
lock and load i call it!!!

i pretend im an assassin and its a kalishnikov rifle,

( i must get out more!!)

i can strip and re assemble my gun in 6 seconds,
lock and load i call it!!!

i pretend im an assassin and its a kalishnikov rifle,

( i must get out more!!)

OMG wev'e gone and created a monster...Rambo with a spray gun :lol::lol:

I have to take my hat off to you though...what a confident pro you have become in such a short time...well done:hug:

is it also wrong to hold the spray gun, like james bond holds his gun, and hide round corners and shoot your colleagues????

mmmmmmm dont answer that, !!!!

OMG wev'e gone and created a monster...Rambo with a spray gun :lol::lol:

I have to take my hat off to you though...what a confident pro you have become in such a short time...well done:hug:

why thankyou, mind you, i think its actually down to the ease of use, liquids that are lovely, good training and best company!!:hug:

is it also wrong to hold the spray gun, like james bond holds his gun, and hide round corners and shoot your colleagues????

mmmmmmm dont answer that, !!!!

Now I thought it was only me that got kick out of telling anybody who was in close proximity to 'Stick EM Up Punk' whilst aiming my spray tan gun at them! :lol:

why thankyou, mind you, i think its actually down to the ease of use, liquids that are lovely, good training and best company!!:hug:

Training is only succesfull if both trainer and trainee are willing to work as a team....you have certainly been one keen individual willing to learn,question and practice and it has been an absolute pleasure in getting you up and running :hug:
Oh and thanks for the compliment...your fiver is in the post :lol:

Training is only succesfull if both trainer and trainee are willing to work as a team....you have certainly been one keen individual willing to learn,question and practice and it has been an absolute pleasure in getting you up and running :hug:
Oh and thanks for the compliment...your fiver is in the post :lol:

he he he actually im blushing here!!

as i cannot even beleive it myself, its not even two weeks since my training, and i had never even held a spray tan gun before ,

errmm i once sprayed a fence though many yrs ago!!

anyway , i feel more competant each time i spray,
i dont deviate too much from my training and even using the eos which has a lighter colour guide, i still trustdthe liquid to do its thang!!

yes ive had a few minor problems, but ive hit them head on, done what i thought i should do, and hey presto it turns out fine !!

but i HAVE started to experiment!!! lol

i shant say yet incase it all goes wrong lmao

thanks again collin and tantrick

twirl xxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back