I have seen everything now!! look what Avon are selling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisehartje

Reaction score
I have just looked through the new Avon book and look what you can get now!!!

strips of dry nail enamel - the instant manicure!

it is nail enamel on self adhesive strips, goes on dry and lasts up to 14 days on the nail without chipping!

apparently you press it on the nail, smooth out the bumps, shape and bend over the nail and break the excess off with your thumbnail and voila! AND can be used on acrylic nails and is waterproof!

I am not rushing out to buy any! I can see why it would appeal to some people, but cannot see it catching on! ( bet i will be eating my words!)

would put a link on to show you but the avon website has not got it on there yet!

lol....i saw them in pro nail mag.....if only it was that easy...:rolleyes:

I am so tempted to buy some to see what mess I can get in with them! they only give you 8 different nail sizes as well! hmmmmm....

louisehartje said:
I am so tempted to buy some to see what mess I can get in with them! they only give you 8 different nail sizes as well! hmmmmm....

i once bought some nail varnish that peels off when you want to remove it instead of using polish remover, that was from avon. Only problem being that it peels off when you dont want to remove it too lol

Sounds interesting! I wonder how well they will catch on :biggrin:

Love and hugs

A friend who sells the Avon gave me some to try, but I couldnt make it stick.

Has anyone else had a try ?

I was asked to lauch this product about 3 months ago for Avon when they put them out to the press. They are really easy to use and I had a play around with them. You can also put a top coat over them. I gave Ruth (Nailsinlondon) a few strips, I dont know if she used them or not, maybe she will post when she logs on. I cant see them catching on within the nail industry....more for the Avon woman I would say....but who knows!
David

has anyone got one that i can try please

clairelee69 said:
has anyone got one that i can try please

Sorry hun, gave my last few strips to Ruth
David

My friend who is a swimming teacher has had them on for the last 10 days and have to say they look very good but she has a nice nail plate to work from in the first place, could be a little more difficult with awkward shapes. But she has taught 8 classes in hat time and stillintact.

Had a few freebies last week with my avon book and tried them .There ok if your in a rush but your buggerd if you have wide nail beds cause they come in only a few sizes you smooth them on them cut the tip of with your nail.

I ordered stuff from avon last week and got these too. I havent had time to try them but dont think i will either.

i bought some of these from the asda a couple of years ago
not impressed they dont stay on

they might be cool for nail art effects though. you could cut them into shapes and get different effects. i'm gonna order and give it a go.

i remember seeing something similar a while back that was similar to these nail polish transfers, they were for nailart... can't for the life of me remember where I saw them though...
they're probably more for people who are cackhanded and can't paint their 'wrong' hand... hence why we have nail techs :wink2:

harvey said:
i once bought some nail varnish that peels off when you want to remove it instead of using polish remover, that was from avon. Only problem being that it peels off when you dont want to remove it too lol

Lol, I remember having that too and yes it just peeled off whether you wanted it to or not!

I had two samples but they are spoken for! :wink2:

Not tried myself yet. they would be good for a bit of colour if you cut strips, wobbles, dots even, for nail art!

Nice colours but not many.

Take care xx

Thanks to David I had the pleasure using this and giving it a road test...
Well in my humble oppinion, it will never replace enamel out of a bottle....
To much faffing about xxxx

I saw these in the avon book but thought they were basically foils without the adhesive base and a load of crap. I like foils but didnt really rate the avon ones
Dont get me wrong i do like Avon stuff but i cant see these taking off :(
whatever will Avon think of next :eek:

kateyork1 said:
Lol, I remember having that too and yes it just peeled off whether you wanted it to or not!

ha ha yes very pointless wasnt it? lol

Latest posts

Back