I messed up did I deal with it correctly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beezy

Reaction score
i gave a client a full head of blonde highlights...when i washed them out...the hair was nipping and breaking and was over processed.....the colour wasnt good.

i felt awful and got my client deep conditioners to use at home...and gave her cash to have her hair corrected by an organic salon.....
is that the right way to deal with it ?:rolleyes:

i gave a client a full head of blonde highlights...when i washed them out...the hair was nipping and breaking and was over processed.....the colour wasnt good.

i felt awful and got my client deep conditioners to use at home...and gave her cash to have her hair corrected by an organic salon.....
is that the right way to deal with it ?:rolleyes:

What were you aiming for and what did you use? What was the condition of her hair like before you started? X

What were you aiming for and what did you use? What was the condition of her hair like before you started? X

i used 10 vol with bleach on the nape to crown in foils...then 20 vol with bleach in foils at both sides ..then 40 vol with bleach at top....looking for all over blonde highlights...hair seemed in good condition...was new client..should have done strand test but didnt..:rolleyes:

I take it you took it through the ends , was she already blonde ??

i used 10 vol with bleach on the nape to crown in foils...then 20 vol with bleach in foils at both sides ..then 40 vol with bleach at top....looking for all over blonde highlights...hair seemed in good condition...was new client..should have done strand test but didnt..:rolleyes:

See i never go higher than 20vol with bleach, and did you run it to the end? It could of have something on the hair like metallic salts. Did the client say anything?

I take it you took it through the ends , was she already blonde ??

yes lightly....i feel awful for the client...she must be devastated.....do you think it was handled correctly or does it look as if i washed my hands of her

yes lightly....i feel awful for the client...she must be devastated.....do you think it was handled correctly or does it look as if i washed my hands of her

Personally the fact you messed up and gave her money to go elsewhere is unprofessional, personally! Through consultation and strand tests etc should always be done before you so much as lift the colour chart up to prevent things like this from happening again.

Personally the fact you messed up and gave her money to go elsewhere is unprofessional, personally! Through consultation and strand tests etc should always be done before you so much as lift the colour chart up to prevent things like this from happening again.

thanks

An organic salon?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I agree with bluerinse.
Waht's an organic salon?
And was her hair already blonde where you put it on ends?

my first comment and word of advice is. . . LEARN FROM THIS. . never ever take bleach throo the ends of previously bleached hair, it is reckless and unneccesary. Secondly i would never advise use of 40vol with bleach, it is un-needed and as soon as it comes into contact with the hair it begins to degrade... technicalities aside. . .

I feel you definatly shudnt have charged anything for this as you were 100% liable for what happened. I would not have given her money to go to another salon, i would have offered free trims and treatments untill her hair was back in its original condition. By sending her to another salon you have simply sent a huge walking advert of malpractice to another salon. Good news spreads in time, bad news spreads like wild fire.

I am trying to be constructive in my reply as best as i can be, but i really cant think of anything positive to say other than, it is a HUGE learning curb, one you will have definatle learned from

Latest posts

Back