Client colour fade - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABrownStylist

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here so thank you for taking time to read my post!

I had a new client about 8 weeks ago. A previous colour she had (unknown, but salon, brand) was too dark (level 5/6) I did a bleach bath (shampoo + Blondor) which lifted to level 7. I then applied Wella Illumina 7/81 w/20vol full head tint, turned out well and client super happy. Also gave a deep treatment post colour. However, 3 weeks later the colour had completely gone and repeated service. I also contacted Wella who advised Colour Motion Wellaplex which I applied post colour. Also gave client advice about washing less, no straighteners etc and using proper colour shampoo (Kerastse Chromarespect) She has let me know the colour has faded again after another couple of weeks! How can help the hair retain colour?? It's like it's a toner or demi rather than a permanent
Thanks!

Hello,
You're client has now porous sensitised hair, due to the bleach bath.
So you need product that will sit in the hair not try to lift it.

what was your your target shade? The extreme look of the 7/81? Or a cool mid blonde?.

as you've prelightened first I would go over with a semi permanent- colour touch rather than illumina. As colour touch is Acid based so doesn't disturb the ph balance.

What shade you use depends on your target but 7/89 works well when mixed with others.
Apply plenty and leave on for long enough- at least 20mins.
If you're need to apply a second coat strategically to even out then go for it.

Hello,
You're client has now porous sensitised hair, due to the bleach bath.
So you need product that will sit in the hair not try to lift it.

what was your your target shade? The extreme look of the 7/81? Or a cool mid blonde?.

as you've prelightened first I would go over with a semi permanent- colour touch rather than illumina. As colour touch is Acid based so doesn't disturb the ph balance.

What shade you use depends on your target but 7/89 works well when mixed with others.
Apply plenty and leave on for long enough- at least 20mins.
If you're need to apply a second coat strategically to even out then go for it.
Thank you for your advice, I was thinking a semi so will try that.

I live in Australia so our colour systems may differ. Illumina sits below the cuticle into the cortex. If the cuticles damaged then that would be allowing it to fall out. KP has some colour staining properties for the cuticle so it could be a stronger option. I have also found shinefinity sticks into the hair.that could possibly help as well.

The other thing is I would look at her life style. How often does she wash it? Do's she swim? Does she heat style her hair? Some of these things may be going on.

Latest posts

Back