I need help writing a notice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
A stupid question for a stupid girl who never paid attention to English! :lol:

I need to write a 1 weeks notice to my employer but i haven't a clue how i should word it, i have never written nore seen one in my life!

I have been with the cleaning company for 4 and a half years but have recently found a nail table to rent in a hairdressers.

They haven't been a brilliant company to work for so i want to keep it short and not too sweet. :)

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help with sugestions. :)

It only needs to be something simple...i picked this example up of the net...hope it helps x

Name, Position, Organisation Name and Address (each on a separate line)

Date

Dear (line manager name - eg., Mr Smith, or first name if appropriate)

Please accept this as formal notice of my resignation from the position of (your job title and site/department/division as applicable), with effect from (normally date of the letter or receipt of letter - check your contract - if in doubt refer to date of letter).

In accordance with my contract of employment I am happy to continue to work until (date that your employment ceases according to notice period, calculated from your stated effective date of resignation).

(This part is optional) While I believe that I am moving for good reasons, I am sorry to leave, and I thank you for your support during my time with the company, which I have found enjoyable and fulfilling.

(And if applicable) Please let me know the arrangements for handing back equipment, company car, etc, and handing over outstanding work and responsibilities.

Yours sincerely etc.

Or even more simple....

shortletter.gif

Last edited:
That is excellent Bagpuss thanks hun!

Now i've got to decided which one to go for and i think im liking the second one better :)

Latest posts

Back