ibd ultra seal gone patchy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pippadoodle

Reaction score
Please please help, last night I did a full set of ibd gel nails. Was really pleased with everything until....I applied the ultra seal, cured, wiped with cleanser plus and the nail had patches on it like pools. I buffed it off tried again and the same thing happened. I ended up putting clear gel on and cured and this was ok.

Would really appreciate any advice as to what I am doing wrong.

Hiya,

Sorry not going to be able to help you much on this one.

The only thing i have found is that if you apply it thicker it doesn't seem to do it as much - but saying thati still get it from time to time.

Look forward to reading any other advice you get though.

Em.xx

thanks Em, any advice is great, I am new to the site, but must say how fantastic it is, I am hooked, everyone is so helpful, so thanks to you all. Am currently doing level 3 vtct at college, but I just have not got the confidence yet to go out and get real clients, even after a year of level 2!! I want to get practice in on my friends and rels. But hopefully soon that will come.

Emmajt said:
Hiya,

Sorry not going to be able to help you much on this one.

The only thing i have found is that if you apply it thicker it doesn't seem to do it as much - but saying thati still get it from time to time.

Look forward to reading any other advice you get though.

Em.xx

pippadoodle said:
thanks Em, any advice is great, I am new to the site, but must say how fantastic it is, I am hooked, everyone is so helpful, so thanks to you all. Am currently doing level 3 vtct at college, but I just have not got the confidence yet to go out and get real clients, even after a year of level 2!! I want to get practice in on my friends and rels. But hopefully soon that will come.

Yeah my Mum and Aunty are great guinee pigs - let me practice on them all the time!!!.

Welcome to the sight though mate, you'll love it.

Em.xx

Hiya

I've used IBD in the past. Maybe it wasn't applied thick enough. Just apply as if you are varnishing, with the 3 strokes, but a bit thicker and cap the free edge. Sound like you got craters from applying too thinly.

I think Katelisa uses IBD, maybe you can chat with her.

Hiya, thanks for that, I have just had a reply back from Sam at Ibd, she has advised to apply thicker too, otherwise I will get this pitted effect.

Also not to overcure as this will dull the appearance. Phew, thanks so much. I will try again and let you know how it goes.

I've used IBD in the past. Maybe it wasn't applied thick enough. Just apply as if you are varnishing, with the 3 strokes, but a bit thicker and cap the free edge. Sound like you got craters from applying too thinly.

I think Katelisa uses IBD, maybe you can chat with her.[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know, and I am so relieved, was begining to think I was hopeless, I applied the ibd ultra seal in a much thicker application today on a full set and hey, they did not go patchy, so tip learned, even though it says apply thinly, apply quite a bit more.

Thanks to Andrea and Em for advice and to Sam at Graftons. xxx

I think Katelisa uses IBD, maybe you can chat with her.[/QUOTE]

Well done! Its sooo good when you correct what went wrong in the first place!

pippadoodle said:
Please please help, last night I did a full set of ibd gel nails. Was really pleased with everything until....I applied the ultra seal, cured, wiped with cleanser plus and the nail had patches on it like pools. I buffed it off tried again and the same thing happened. I ended up putting clear gel on and cured and this was ok.

Would really appreciate any advice as to what I am doing wrong.

When I did my training with Grafton, we were told that instead of using the Ultra Seal, apply a layer of clear gel. I found the Ultra Seal quite thick and could make the nail look bulky, where the clear gel is much thinner in application.

pippadoodle said:
Just to let you know, and I am so relieved, was begining to think I was hopeless, I applied the ibd ultra seal in a much thicker application today on a full set and hey, they did not go patchy, so tip learned, even though it says apply thinly, apply quite a bit more.

Thanks to Andrea and Em for advice and to Sam at Graftons. xxx

No worries hun, glad i was of sme help.xx

Latest posts

Back