Ideal Temperature

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerrys_tips

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the ideal temperature is for seting Acrylic Nails?

Kerry. x

Hi Kerry

There isn't really a temperature involved - if you're clients hands are too cold you may experience some what looks like 'crystalisation' and the product doesn't cure properly so when you come to buff down it just crumbles off.

If it's hot you won't have problems with curing, but you will have problems with the product setting up faster so you'll have to work quicker.

Why do you ask? It's an odd question?

Welcome to the board by the way :D

Trin

Hi Welcome to the site. Another Scottish geek aboard!

As Trin says, the acrylic product will set at any temperature, but an ideal working environment is the usual ambient temperature of 65-70 degrees F.

Any more heat will speed up the reaction and any less will slow it down. All technicians have to lean to adapt themselves to these changes if they occur.

Hi thanks for the reply,
I ask the question as I did hear that the temperature of the area you work in can make a difference to the curing of the nails. MAybe not that important though.

Trinity Nails said:
Hi Kerry

There isn't really a temperature involved - if you're clients hands are too cold you may experience some what looks like 'crystalisation' and the product doesn't cure properly so when you come to buff down it just crumbles off.

If it's hot you won't have problems with curing, but you will have problems with the product setting up faster so you'll have to work quicker.

Why do you ask? It's an odd question?

Welcome to the board by the way :D

Trin

Latest posts

Back