Ideas for an opening day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
my salons opening day is going to be the 6th or the 13th i need to decide today. but im pretty much ready to go. ive done a few leaflet drops and put it on yell and google maps.

i would be very grateful for any ideas to make sure people are aware that its opening that day and to get their attention im opening on a saturday which should help a bit.

i was considering doing a discount for people who come the first week. like 5% or something..

thanks in advance..

Where is your salon situated? Is it on a high street or a road or is it in your home? Do you have a window you could put a sign in so ppl walking by could see it? I would put something I would have it on 13 June myself as a. I'm not superstitious and b. it gives you more time with signs and things.

I would not give a discount though, I would give a freebie instead - a goody bag of some kind with a sachet of something, a pricelist, a mini nail file, a peppermint tea-bag, a lollipop, a chocolate etc... and a glass of prosecco or something, with ballons for the kids and perhaps a discount voucher for their second treatment at your salon if you want to give a discount.

I wouldn't personally give a discount on the first treatment as I think many people will take the first one with the discount and then never come back whereas with the second treatment they have at least given you the full whack before their 5% off treatment and state that it is for a treatment or the same or greater cost that they get the discount on if that makes sense.

Also have you thought about putting something in the local rag? How about an editorial? Some local papers will send a photographer out to you as well which is worth a go. Where in West London are you? I'm not too far from you if you are in West London.

thanks i will go for the 13th i reckon.

yes the discount for the 2nd time round is probably a better idea.

i love the goody bag idea.. cheap and chearful..:lol:
i will definately have a look at the local paper for that area..

its on a high street which is very busy with cars etc..the salon is on uxbridge road ub4.

i still have a few minor things to do so if i go for the later date its less pressure. i have to put up my shop name banner still hopefully tommorow.:eek:

For my open day, i had the mayor come and have some charity waxing done, we raised money for his chosen charity and got lots of free press! and awesome pictures!

However i live in a much smaller town than London! lol,

I done Goodie bags too, they went down a treat. in them i had samples of my facial range, business cards, magnets, sweets, chocolates, and a promotion voucher, in which i offered a free upgrade from any normal manicure/facial/pedicure to a luxury treatment for free. which has worked wonders!

I done loads of flyer drops announcing the open day and had a big sign on the window during the building work for passer byes. Also put posters in local shops!

Good luck!

For my open day, i had the mayor come and have some charity waxing done, we raised money for his chosen charity and got lots of free press! and awesome pictures!

However i live in a much smaller town than London! lol,

I done Goodie bags too, they went down a treat. in them i had samples of my facial range, business cards, magnets, sweets, chocolates, and a promotion voucher, in which i offered a free upgrade from any normal manicure/facial/pedicure to a luxury treatment for free. which has worked wonders!

I done loads of flyer drops announcing the open day and had a big sign on the window during the building work for passer byes. Also put posters in local shops!

Good luck!

thats so good. dont hold much hope of the mayor coming down on my side though.

but would be great publicity..

Contact the Uxbridge Gazette or the Southall version of it and see what they say - they don't tend to have much of a lead time so for some things it's worth it. Also get in contact with a couple of charities locally and see if they are having any open days or summer fairs. I know that Carpender's Park Nursery near Watford are having a fair on August Bank Holiday weekend Sun and Mon and were looking to have stalls there as even though that is not that soon it is being advertised to high heaven (they say) and that will get your name out there. I will be there with the charity I work for.

TBH I think goody bags are the way forward and balloons and free bubbles and lots and lots of friend outside on a busy saturday afternoon handing out flyers and bags. That is what I would be doing.

Good luck and perhaps I'll come and visit you, as I only work in Harefield. Unfortunately I am working on 13 June or I would come and help you. Change it to 20 June and I'm off.

Lx

Lx

Contact the Uxbridge Gazette or the Southall version of it and see what they say - they don't tend to have much of a lead time so for some things it's worth it. Also get in contact with a couple of charities locally and see if they are having any open days or summer fairs. I know that Carpender's Park Nursery near Watford are having a fair on August Bank Holiday weekend Sun and Mon and were looking to have stalls there as even though that is not that soon it is being advertised to high heaven (they say) and that will get your name out there. I will be there with the charity I work for.

TBH I think goody bags are the way forward and balloons and free bubbles and lots and lots of friend outside on a busy saturday afternoon handing out flyers and bags. That is what I would be doing.

Good luck and perhaps I'll come and visit you, as I only work in Harefield. Unfortunately I am working on 13 June or I would come and help you. Change it to 20 June and I'm off.

Lx

Lx

i will look at the charity idea or summer fair i didnt think of that. thanks
im abit slow sometimes how would i go about it.
would i have to give some raffle tickets that people buy for the charity etc.. and they can come for a treatment. not sure how to go about it..?

im really trying to stick to the 13th :eek:but your free to come down.... and give me some pointers il deffo need some.

Latest posts

Back