Ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
i got my salon finally getting appointments(not loads but at least people know we exist) but it feels like somethings missing.

i put the sunbed it a profit share basis and people are using it but for me its not 'clicking' and im not really 100% on it.
i feel like im getting somewhere finally but its just this last bit. its like somthings missing but cant put my finger on it.

ive been writing a list of things to use the space for that not in every single salon to make it more unique.

its not a huge space so not alot of choices. id say around 7/7.5 foot each side.

i hope this makes sense lol.

any ideas.?

I wouldn't be happy with a sunbed either! They're very bad for your skin, and it's pretty clear now that they contribute towards skin cancer.
What about a flotation tank?!

I wouldn't be happy with a sunbed either! They're very bad for your skin, and it's pretty clear now that they contribute towards skin cancer.
What about a flotation tank?!

i am glad i got it overall as it does earn something. but its not what i want really especially now i have the beauty section. and there a few sunbed places around anyway so wouldnt be a great loss.

id like something different....a bit more unique

whats a flotation tank ?

i did a quick google it sounds good..

i cant see any prices on it though so im thinking its really expensive and i dont want to spend in the region of the thousands im thinking it will cost.

id love to try one myself though

Last edited:
No i wouldn't want a sunbed either! Really bad for your skin and i'm trying to promote healthy skin.
What about spray tanning, a nail desk or maybe get someone in to use the room. Maybe someone who does allergy testing, lymphatic draining massage, tattoo removal, sports massage, non-surgical cosmetic procedures, semi-permanent make-up etc...
Those vibro plate exercise thingymijigs are very popular too :)

No i wouldn't want a sunbed either! Really bad for your skin and i'm trying to promote healthy skin.
What about spray tanning, a nail desk or maybe get someone in to use the room. Maybe someone who does allergy testing, lymphatic draining massage, tattoo removal, sports massage, non-surgical cosmetic procedures, semi-permanent make-up etc...
Those vibro plate exercise thingymijigs are very popular too :)

whats a vibro plate?

we do spray tanning in beauty room well not yet from 1st sept.

i dont think id get the licence for tatoo removal its really hard in my council. i was thinking of doing tatooing and teh council said they basically hardly give a license. :rolleyes:

lymphatic draining massage is a good idea though im going to look into that definetely and see how popular it is.

ive been at salon all day trying to come up with stuff and paper still blank.:rolleyes:

maybe something will just come along.:idea:

i was thinking about going more into the holistic side but not sure as people are quite wary of spending money at the moment so it needs to be something people will do.

I've got one and it's very popular!

lol... i must be really behind on things then.. as never seen one..

do you charge charge per session and how did you advertise it in your salon?

as it looks mostly for gyms or maybe im wrong.

Latest posts

Back