If U use a dispenser how do U know...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
...how much monomer is held in the belly of your brush?

The reason I ask is I was in the vicinity of a Nails Inc the other day and noticed all the girls creating enhancements with L&P where using a dispenser for there monomer which surprised me. I wondered how could you get a consistent amount of monomer and keep your beads not too wet with this method?

I only ask as for some reason I am still not being consistent with my ratio, which is driving insane, but all the same surely their beads will be inconsistent in size due to the varying amounts of monomer held in the brush, as there seems to no methodical way to control this?

I am not having a dig at their working methods I am just curious and wondered if this could help me until I can get some one-2one time sorted out

also a good chance of contaminated monomer with this method i would have thought as some is bound to go back into the bottle (no matter how small)via the dispenser!

Oh oh!!! Dispensers are not good for monomer for all the contamination reasons.

Getting used to your own personal brush (every one is different as they are natural hairs and usually hand made) and developing a 'personal' routine (bit like Jonnie Wilkinson for the rugby fans :biggrin: )

Marian

Not being an l&p person, what is a dispenser? Thanks in advance.

Hey Sassy. Its a pump.

I just wanted to chime in and say they suck too :)

Sassy Hassy said:
Not being an l&p person, what is a dispenser? Thanks in advance.
I think what FF is talking about is a holder similar to that of Scrubfresh or non-acetone remover - the type that you push the neck down and liquid comes up into the top??? I think.... could be wrong and have the wrong end of the schtik!!! Anyway, I would not recommend this at all for getting mix ratio correct or for monomer period! I think Louise, mix ratio is something you see and feel - I would always dip my brush into the dappen dish and draw it up the side releasing liquid twice (up each side of the brush); then I would scoop for my bead - the more liquid you take out, the smaller bead can be created and the same for bigger beads (more liquid) - if it's off kilter, wipe it away and try again! Don't know if I have helped at all but I have tried:eek:

Hiya,

Just wanted to add that dispenser pumps for monomor sucks too!! CONTAMINATION!!!!

Amanda

Mrs Geek said:
I think what FF is talking about is a holder similar to that of Scrubfresh or non-acetone remover - the type that you push the neck down and liquid comes up into the top??? I think.... could be wrong and have the wrong end of the schtik!!! Anyway, I would not recommend this at all for getting mix ratio correct or for monomer period! I think Louise, mix ratio is something you see and feel - I would always dip my brush into the dappen dish and draw it up the side releasing liquid twice (up each side of the brush); then I would scoop for my bead - the more liquid you take out, the smaller bead can be created and the same for bigger beads (more liquid) - if it's off kilter, wipe it away and try again! Don't know if I have helped at all but I have tried:eek:

Yeah it was the pump dispensers I am on about, I need more L&P clients to get this ratio cracked....and yes you have helped Samantha

Lily said:
Hiya,

Just wanted to add that dispenser pumps for monomor sucks too!! CONTAMINATION!!!!

Amanda

I wondered as much, thanks Amanda...you'd think the big chains would train differently then :Look_left

i saw em aswell , at the white rose centre last night , i am dying to know how good the standards of work are , (i am really nosy lol) but i aint paying £45 lol, does anyone know anyone who works at one of em ? what brand of l#&p do they use ? it has always intrigued me ,but i arnt brave enough to go and ask :green:

dee said:
i saw em aswell , at the white rose centre last night , i am dying to know how good the standards of work are , (i am really nosy lol) but i aint paying £45 lol, does anyone know anyone who works at one of em ? what brand of l#&p do they use ? it has always intrigued me ,but i arnt brave enough to go and ask :green:
Hiya,

I also have watched technicians at work at nails inc at the White Rose Centre and ages ago they looked liked they used NSI then a couple of weeks ago it looked they were using their own Nails Inc Brand, so i am not sure. They do use the dispeser pumps tho!!

i have had a few clients come to me after having their nails done at nails inc and they say they feel like they are on a conveyor belt and dont like it..............each to their own i suppose. I dont think i would like it. The whole point in having a treatment is to relax and enjoy yourself.

Amanda

Latest posts

Back