If you have too much mobile spray tanning work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timeless Tanning

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have just started up a new mobile tanning business by myself and it seems to have taken off really well. I wanted to know what anyone else does if they can not cope with the amount of work.

I work full time and can therefore only carry treatments in the evenings or weekends. I don't like the thought of having to turn people down due to being too busy and they then go somewhere else!

I would also like some advice as to what you do when you want to go on holiday and how do you deal with regular clients etc..

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Thanks

TT

i have a close friend who is a therapist and we help each other out when needed. When i go on holiday she takes on all my clients, she uses her own products and keeps the money she makes (she charges my prices) but she doesnt give out her own details and instead lets them know when i will be back, etc. I do the same for her, it works really well for us.

HTH

XX

The logical thing to do would be to quit work and do it full time if you have that much work.

where abouts are you based?

Simple I have a large network of people I have personally trained or sold equipment too. If I am too busy I give them the work. I also have another clever trick up my sleeve but that would be telling!!!

Kate

Yes I have this problem in fact sometimes I can't keep up either. And the clients are all 15 miles apart. Then someone gets wind of another good tan and their mates text. What you could do is what I am going to do, say sorry I can't take on any more clients right now. Hard but sometimes you have to say no.

It is a difficult one but I would only give up your job if you were confident to get enough work to fill the day time. I worked every evening this week - I do not usually do this and ended up turning someone away. I realised I could not sustain doing this with a family - so stating your working hours will give you boundaries to stick to. It is great when the work comes in but you will get tired if you do not have a break. Either work with another therapist or take their details and say you will contact them if you have a space.:hug:

Thanks everyone

I earn too much money in my full time job to warrant giving it up. Just wanted to do this in the evenings and weekends to get myself out of the house.

There are some good ideas here, thanks. Perhaps, as you say, sometimes I will just have to say no some.times.

x

Hi, out of interest, what tan do you use?

I'm always looking into other products

I worked up until 11pm coming up to xmas and still do now sometimes. I HATE to turn clients away I just cant lol I will always find a way to fit them in xxx

I use Tantrick and Sienna X, everyone seems to love them both and its nice to give them the choice.

Kylieb, I think I will most probably end up like you and working long hours. I don't like the thought to turning clients down and giving business to someone else!

I use Tantrick and Sienna X, everyone seems to love them both and its nice to give them the choice.

Kylieb, I think I will most probably end up like you and working long hours. I don't like the thought to turning clients down and giving business to someone else!

At last I find someone the same lol :lol: Everyone says i'm mad xxx

I know, I don't seem to be happy unless I'm on the go!

You know what they say 'no rest for the wicked'.

I have got an idea up my sleeve though if it does get too much for me without compromising turning people down!

Jx

I know, I don't seem to be happy unless I'm on the go!

You know what they say 'no rest for the wicked'.

I have got an idea up my sleeve though if it does get too much for me without compromising turning people down!

Jx

Good luck to you sweetie. Enthusiasm goes a LONG way when doing mobile. You need it to survive as a business. There are ALWAYS people out there wanting treatments, you just have to find them. I find networking works better than advertising. You just have to try a few different things.
Hope it goes well for you :hug: xxx

Hi
I've just been following this post and was just about to ask what tanning system you use!
Do you take one of those tents with you? Plus.. what spray machine do you use?
Reason why I'm asking is that I'm just setting up a mobile Wedding Make Up service and think that spray tanning will fit in well with what I can offer to clients. So am just researching now. I have only used Fake bake and St Tropez and they are far too pricey and dont do mobile options. Well Fake Bake do but that is far too expensive for me right now.....

Hi
I've just been following this post and was just about to ask what tanning system you use!
Do you take one of those tents with you? Plus.. what spray machine do you use?
Reason why I'm asking is that I'm just setting up a mobile Wedding Make Up service and think that spray tanning will fit in well with what I can offer to clients. So am just researching now. I have only used Fake bake and St Tropez and they are far too pricey and dont do mobile options. Well Fake Bake do but that is far too expensive for me right now.....

You would be better off to buy a kit. They usually work out a lot cheaper.
It will come with everything you need.
I use Sienna , just one company for you to research, they ave some great deals on kits. Type sienna-x into google.
I wouldn't go with Fake Bake the customer service is diabolicle, as well as them charging a start up fee!
xxx

I use Tantrick and Sienna X and give clients the choice.

I got my kit from Tantrick and did my training with them and they are brilliant. Their customer service is fantastic and they are very helpful. Have a look at their website, it is Wow Factor SprayTan, Beauty Products Spray Tan Wholesale

They are also know as Wow Factor.

I am also venturing into Bridal Make Up as I thought they would go well together. Have not done any training yet though. Can't decide on the best place to do a Bridal Make Up Course...

Good luck

Latest posts

Back