In training advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicki2016

Reaction score
Hi I wondered if anyone had some advice on getting further practice whilst training. I'm doing my NVQ level 2 and I am just coming to the end of waxing. How did everyone go about continuing to practice. Did you put an advert out to people advising your in training and see if anyone would be interested in being waxed? Did you charge? I really just want to keep up the practice but it would be nice to charge a small fee to put towards the materials. Or can I only do all this once fully qualified and have to just do friends for now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm keen to keep up the waxing whilst I do the rest of my NVQ or I'm worried I will forget what I have learnt lol. Thank you. Vicki

Wax as many friends and family as you can. Once you start charging, even just to cover costs you will need insurance. There are companies out there happy to cover you as a student. Have a look at BABTAC, The Guild, Salon Gold, ABT etc

Latest posts

Back