Inbetween colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusieP

Reaction score
Hi All

My client has Majimeche highlights and semi permanent dye (Richesse 6.13 Velvet Brown). She needs her roots touched up because she is grey, now this may sound daft, but she doesn't want to loose her highlights but there isn't a way around this, is there? I cant just dye her re-growth and leave the highlights surely?

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks
Su

Do you leave a veil of hair over the highlights? If so then you should be able to dye the regrowth because the root if the highlights will be hidden by the veil. Does that make sense? xx

I have a lady who is completley white naturally, she has Wella 6/7 and fine bleach highlights. After 2 weeks her roots are through, it's a very slight regrowth but with her being so white it really stands out.
So I just touch up her roots and her highlights still look fine.

But I do think it depends on the highlights and the amount of regrowth the client has, if the highlights are quite chunky or there is a good few inches of regrowth, just touching the roots up will not look good.

hths x

Hi
No I don't leave a veil over her highlights and there will be roughly 2 month regrowth to do. Her highlights a finely weaved but lots of them.

So her highlights should need doing aswell after two months?

x

Hi

Yes they will, but she doesn't want to pay for highlights this time but doesn't want to lose them either!!!!! I don't think I have a lot of choice but to do the whole head?

Su

I find on clients with shorter hair, that it's usually ok to do a root touch up, but clients that have lonegr hair and a definite parting this will be noticible. She either puts up with it looking noticible or pays for highlights and a colour, :D put the ball back in her court and give her the options, and dont discount because she can't afford it.

So she wants highlights but doesn't want to pay for the upkeep? Some clients eh?

You could try as emmamb suggested and do a 'veil' over the highlights, but I find quite alot of clients don't feel like they have as many highlights or light enough when I've done this.

But if it was my client I would try and explain that just touching up that much regrowth won't look very nice, and suggest a full head colour if she cannot afford the upkeep of highlights. (but in a more professional way than I've just put it there lol)

x

Hi,

My client's hair is short without a definite parting;so I think it would be ok to just do her re-growth. I think as you suggested I will give her the options but definitely no discount, I did that once before but never again.
I qualified only last year and have really seen a different side to hairdressing with regards to cost and time spent.

Thanks for both your advice and help, really appreciate it.
Su

if the hair is short wi no parting i wud root touch and jus two or three foils very close to the hair line. .

Surely if its short, by the time you touch up two months worth of regrowth and cut it (assuming she's having it cut) won't you lose the majority of the highlights anyway, and be left with almost stubby looking highlights? X

Latest posts

Back