Incompatible personalities?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnie@lashout

Reaction score
hey geeks,
ive been doing lashes for a little while now, i currently do a ladies lashes who own her own nail salon, and she has been passing my number to her clients who may be interested in my treatments.

so i had a new client call me the other week, and she was very scatty, and odd, i was taking a few details of the appointment and her address and i said "oh yes i know where that is i park there often" she then procedeed to explain to me in more detail where in fact to park, even though i had already explained that i knew where is was i then by mistake said " oh yes dont worry i know exactly where you mean i park there when i go to my part time job at ....."
anyway the conversation came to an eventual end after what seems like ages of babbling.

so on the weekend a colleague of mine comes up to me during my lunch break and says " a lady has just come in looking for you, asking about eyelashes?! she was a bit nuts"

oh S*&t! a line has been crossed and it was my own stupid fault.

when the appointment came round yesterday i was on edge already, and it was even worse when i arrived! she just very all over the place, i had to wait 15 min for her just to sort herself out and get on the bed. she still had her coat on of which i suggested to take it off which then took a further 5.

she kept asking for me to not make her look like a tart, to which i said and have previously stated, that i can make them look as natural as she wishes.

so i begun, applying the pads, of which she kept pulling off, and i explained why they were there and how important they are, then she insisted i only applied 2 at a time so she could keep looking in the mirror and check i wasnt doing it "wrong" . i explained that isnt how the treatment works and that i will make them look natural for her and not to worry. to which she replied "OK MUM!"

and it just went on... and on.... and on. i couldnt wait for it to be over. and then she asked if she liked them can she book in again, and she will just come see me at work when she wants to book, i said no she cant because i am working and that they are too very different jobs, and its best if she calls me.

sorry for a huge long rant and essay but i feel so exhausted by this whole experience! im dreading her coming in to work and even calling me. in a way, i hope she hates them!!!!! this is the first time ive ever felt this way about a client, i feel she was just so undermining and rude. even going as far as to poopooing my education.

Hi I have a few clients who can be rude or scatty. You just have to put your game face on and do them. Unfortunately we can't choose I clients they choose us. But these clients are few and far between and you will have lots of nice ones to make up for the difficult ones. Be vague about your life in future I live 40mins from work so don't have the sometimes awkwardness of bumping into clients but some of the girls have it frequently :p x

your completely right, i will just shake it off and man up!

Latest posts

Back