Infilling lashes that are not yours as a newbie lasher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
A new client left a message asking me to infill her semi-permanent lash extensions next week. They were not applied by me.

I would patch test her anyway as i can't assume that because she didn't react to their glue, she wouldn't react to mine. (I was taught to apply some primer, glue and sealer behind the ear)

I'm not an experienced lasher. I'm pretty new and haven't done too many, partly due to my nervousness, so i haven't been pushing them.

How do you decide which lashes to infill with? Will it be fairly easy to tell or is it something you learn with time? Would you infill someone else's work?

All replies welcome, thankyou xx

Bump!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I have infilled lots of other people's work and each time I've ended up having to remove all the olds lashes (if any left) and put in a completely new one.
I now will NEVER infill them.
I say that they will have to pay for a full set but I won't charge them for the removal as a gesture.
When they come for the patch test you can have a good look then but from my own experiences I would always say that you won't infill but are happy to do a new set.

Good luck, don't stress I'm sure they'll be fine xx

Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.

I hate being a newbie and not working with anyone more experienced xx

I'd always do a new set, lashes will not be te same as may just look odd!

I would book her in for a patch test and be honest about what you find.

If you think the lashes are OK, agree to infill at your usual price.

If you think they are awful, tell her that you work differently from her previous therapist and offer to remove and reapply

Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.

I hate being a newbie and not working with anyone more experienced xx

I used to feel like that, but its like anything, the more you do the better you feel.
As long as you isolated the lashes, makes sure you don't use too much glue, and don't use lashes that are too long they will be great :) xx

Thanks all.

Elliebee, if you decide to infill, how do you know what lashes to use? Or does it not really matter if you use slightly different curls, lengths and thicknesses to the original set? xx

When you've been lashing a while its quite easy to work out what they are but if you're unsure, make them even (so if there's more in the left than the right remove some so they are the same) then it won't matter too much if they are different as the old ones will be even looking and then infill as usual.
Compare some that you have removed to yours to work out which curl they are closest to x

Thankyou, that's excellent xx

Latest posts

Back