Infiniti pre pig spray?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
Sorry for all these questions!! I'm old stylist who's going back to hair!! You will be fed up of me by the time I've finished!! It's like knocking a nail in a knot with me lol......
Soooooo....

just been looking at this pre pig spray (orange) So if I had an high lighted client who wishes to be taken back from bleach blonde to 7 would I spray this onto the blonde dry it in and then be able to apply 7/1 wella without it going khaki on the ends?

Also if I applied say 6/71 instead with 10 vol on ends would this not be khaki has as it has a secondary tone of ash? Would I still use 6/71 on roots or a different colour cause this would be a natural base?

Would i have to go one shade darker doing lengths and ends has you are darkening it?

Sorry for all these questions!! I'm old stylist who's going back to hair!! You will be fed up of me by the time I've finished!! It's like knocking a nail in a knot with me lol......
Soooooo....

just been looking at this pre pig spray (orange) So if I had an high lighted client who wishes to be taken back from bleach blonde to 7 would I spray this onto the blonde dry it in and then be able to apply 7/1 wella without it going khaki on the ends?

Also if I applied say 6/71 instead with 10 vol on ends would this not be khaki has as it has a secondary tone of ash? Would I still use 6/71 on roots or a different colour cause this would be a natural base?

Would i have to go one shade darker doing lengths and ends has you are darkening it?

Anything with /1 will go a bit khaki at first, if going from blonde, and /7 goes green also unless you've got red in with it too :) x

I always use the red quick pig when taking blonde back to brown, don't no if its necessary all the time but it always works with me, it's always stopped it from going green x

I have used the filler sprays and find applying any ash tones over still has slight khaki to the very porus ends.

for level 7 and above use a gold spray
for level 6 use a copper/orange spray
for level 5 and below red spray

I dont find the fillers have enough hold for very light hair to colour back.

i prefer to use colour at a ratio 1 part colour to 3 parts water and apply to blonde areas then blow dry in , and apply target shade over the top (this works a lot better)

Colouring back to a level 7 use 7.34 or 8.34
level 6 use 6.4 or 7.4
level 5 use 6.4 or 6.5

hope this helps

Thanks all for your input!! Well I did not do this client has the usual stylist did it today as she was back from sick. The lady was not a full head she had base 7 full head with 3 inch regrowth and bleach t section high lights but quiet built up.

The stylist did a few t section bleach with pastel. And then applied 77/0 2 parts with 1 part 6/7 full head, the end result was fine, not really rich , quiet Matt but didn't look khaki .

I'm correct in thinking that mixing a double base with brunette /7 would have just counteracted the warmth out ?? When the client washes her hair would the colour go all wishy washy as there is not enough tone added?? Or am I totally off the mark??

Latest posts

Back