Ingrowing Hairs HELP!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wondered if there was anybody out there that can help me and a couple of my friends that suffer from ingrowing hairs whenever we have a bikini line/Brazilian/Hollywood wax or shave around that area. It's quite embarrassing when we go back to our beautician (we all go to the same girl) but she doesn't really give any advice on how to get rid of them, apart from, "don't exfoliate the area as it will speed up the growth process".
We've had a look at different ingrowing hair products/serums but we don't know if any treatments actually work or if they are a waste of money!
Does anyone have advice or know of any good products out there?
I'm not a professional so wouldn't be able to buy anything from a wholesaler or as a trader, but we would love to hear any suggestions as we're kinda at a loose end...

Thanks! Marie x

i always encourage clients to exfoliate at least once a week even when they come out bath/shower i say to use towel in upward motion to help exfoliate dead skin. hair become finer and softer so when they are trying to come back through the skin, they can curl back under causing ingrown hairs and sometimes infection can happen. i would exfoliate and moisturise you are getting rid of dead skin and keeping the area soft and supple as well. also nothing against therpist as ingrown hairs are very common especially in this area but they can also be caused with the hair being pulled in wrong direction just a thought if her waxing is up to scratch as it is you and all your friends all seem to have a problem

Thank you for the links :) We will try and see if this product can help us!

Chazac , thank you so much for your advice - I think we're going to look for another beauty salon in the area :)

I use 'ingrow go' I'm not sure who makes it but it works :) x

Hello

Tu El Peeling Cream which is a gentle grit exfoliant, which is fab for intimate areas.

And also Tu El Clear It which is for 'any type of breakout' and is especially good on ingrown hairs

I also love Depileve Folisan which is like an alcohol toner, quite strong and smelly but I think it's great

Hope that helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For years i've always recommended people exfoliate every other day (little and often) and use a tea tree gel. This usually works. Although some people are just prone to ingrown hairs. In this case the alternative would be laser or IPL.
X

Sorry meant to say the other alternative method of hair removal i'd recommend would be Laser or IPL. As this won't lead to ingrown hairs x

Thank you all so much for your advice! xx

does pfb work??? im aboput to buy it if anyone knows of it working!

Latest posts

Back