Inoa is changing! Here's what's happening...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classixuk

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know the update on L'Oreal Inoa as a few of you have mentioned it in posts over the last few weeks and are wondering what's happening.

I got the lowdown today!

Because Redken (yes, I mean Redken) doesn't have as many reps/technicians in the States, and students only attend beauty school for a matter of months before they are deemed "qualified" there, it was decided that the "Inoa" mixing system was too complicated to convert over into brands such as Redken and Matrix etc. which are mostly Amercian brands (both L'Oreal owned though).

For that reason, they have looked at simplifying the process so that it suits international markets as well as being more easily transferred across all L'Oreal owned brands.

From March, Inoa will be a 2 step system (colour and developer). The colour tubes will be 60mls and the mixing ratio with developer will be 1:1.

In Redken, the tubes will be known as Chromatics. Matrix launch date TBC but not expected until around A/W 2013.

There has also been some backward movement on the reduction of Majirel shades, and new shades will be introduced this summer. However, they are hoping that the new 60ml tubes and easier mixing for Inoa will help introduce the brand to those yet to try it, and reinterest those who didn't like it last time. The Oil Delivery System has been tweaked to be less greasy and the fragrance altered slightly too.

Overall, the company are now aiming to return to their roots (pardon the pun) as being a Parisian leader of fashion and innovation rather than trying to be everything to everyone.

They have also just launched a new education package with many free courses and also daytime courses mostly priced around £95.

I personally think they're finally getting back on track with what they were all about around 10 years ago and things are certainly looking interesting.

:)

Wahhheeyy! I cant wait to try out the Chromatics tomorrow :)

Ooo very interesting, thank you! I will keep my eyes peeled!x

Well it's interesting, a few months and good enough to be let loose on hair?
Even tho I see what is meant by simplifying these brands into 1 name, I do think having had all these created and developed over the years has lead to vast quality increases across the board, better quality, more shades so less need to intermix and gorgeous consistency ad results.

On the simplifying all this are matrix redken etc... Going to slowly disappear leaving us with just inoa?

Xoxo✂

Well it's interesting, a few months and good enough to be let loose on hair?
Even tho I see what is meant by simplifying these brands into 1 name, I do think having had all these created and developed over the years has lead to vast quality increases across the board, better quality, more shades so less need to intermix and gorgeous consistency ad results.

On the simplifying all this are matrix redken etc... Going to slowly disappear leaving us with just inoa?

Xoxo✂

I sincerely hope not!! but i do feel a little left out sometimes, loreal and redken have platinium paste and redken the go blonde powerlift is it?? i want a matrix one!!! ;) cream/paste bleach just for when i get bored lol

I sincerely hope not!! but i do feel a little left out sometimes, loreal and redken have platinium paste and redken the go blonde powerlift is it?? i want a matrix one!!! ;) cream/paste bleach just for when i get bored lol

Matrix make it white would b a good name.
Winder if this will go for the product lines too. How has the sleek n smooth range changed? Xoxo

Matrix make it white would b a good name.
Winder if this will go for the product lines too. How has the sleek n smooth range changed? Xoxo

yes thats gone, it's now total results!! i like the color range but the moisture one is vile! i've got it currently and the conditioner froths!! ;S

i used to use sassoon professional colour which i loved! and their bleach is called white up! :) they have an amazing colour reducer that is just pure vitamin c i think :) x

I highly doubt they will roll them all into one brand. As they all have their differences and theyre individual brand names means a lot to other people.

I used chromatics today on a full head color, the results were great! Easy to mix with only having an oil cream developer and the color in 1:1 ratio, simples. No faffing with oil or anything. The new tint brushes and cute bowls are a bonus :) the shade chart has some nice new additions such as double ash(which I don't think is out yet), some gold iredescent amongst others which I can't remember off the top of my head. Oh yeah, warm and cool bases along with the usual gold beige ect.

Also it rinsed as easy as any other color with no greasy residue, lovely shine and great looking color :-D

Also I can't comment on grey coverage yet

I highly doubt they will roll them all into one brand. As they all have their differences and theyre individual brand names means a lot to other people.

I used chromatics today on a full head color, the results were great! Easy to mix with only having an oil cream developer and the color in 1:1 ratio, simples. No faffing with oil or anything. The new tint brushes and cute bowls are a bonus :) the shade chart has some nice new additions such as double ash(which I don't think is out yet), some gold iredescent amongst others which I can't remember off the top of my head. Oh yeah, warm and cool bases along with the usual gold beige ect.

Also it rinsed as easy as any other color with no greasy residue, lovely shine and great looking color :-D

Sounds great! I'll be interested to hear what the grey coverage is like when you get a chance.

:)

Just had a thought at how many calls would they get from angry stylists because they now have to get another shade chart and train all their staff into the new range again xoxo

Just had a thought at how many calls would they get from angry stylists because they now have to get another shade chart and train all their staff into the new range again xoxo

Ah ha ha loreal are great for this!! And you have to pay for shade charts!! Z

Ah ha ha loreal are great for this!! And you have to pay for shade charts!! Z

That's what I mean £ for the product, and £for the books, then loss of £ because time has to be spent on training, so you spend a bomb and lose out because u don't have clients in, or having to pay overtime to train when closed xoxo

I've never paid for a L'Oreal shade chart in my life LOL.

Wasn't even aware that some people buy shade charts.

*must open an eBay account to get rid of the 10 old shade charts in my colour dispensary*

;)

I've never paid for a L'Oreal shade chart in my life LOL.

Wasn't even aware that some people buy shade charts.

*must open an eBay account to get rid of the 10 old shade charts in my colour dispensary*

;)

Why not! Get rid of them lol what range you got now? X

Why not! Get rid of them lol what range you got now? X

I have shade charts for the following: Matrix Color.Graphics 2, Matrix So.Color, Matrix Color Sync, Matrix Prizms, L'oreal Symbio, L'Oreal Dia Color, L'Oreal Majirel Supreme, L'Oreal Majirel, L'Oreal Color 5, Revlon Young Color Excel, Revlonissimo and a few others too (Rusk, Eva, Fudge etc.)

Kind of embarrassing really!

:o

Just checked, We never paid for the shade chart. It was 'free' with the order of new stock along with lots of other new goodies. As for training they came into salon for an hour and a half to explain the new shade chart differences, mixing and application ect

I love the sound of how this oil delivery system works and the fact its ammonia free, scent free and contains a protein repairing complex. :) although I kinda like the smell before hah! But as for grey coverage they say its upto 100% but tbh untill I have a guinie pig to test it on I'll stick with my coverfusion for the stubborn ones hah

After the little training session we recieved its not exactly hard to get your head around...... Unless your stupid I guess. Were a big salon so get alot of help and support if there's anything at all we need.

Its all exciting stuff :)

Latest posts

Back