Insurance question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andywales

Reaction score
Hello all, Just a quick question (though I may ramble slightly). I was recently approached by my local college to take on a student, who is doing NVQ level 2 beauty therapy, one day a week (a Wednesday). Fine, no problem, agreed...then got asked to take on another one on a Thursday, agreed again. Then had another actually come in to see me who is now qualified to Level 2 and doing level 3 who will be doing a Friday with me. So will be kitting out another room by next week :eek: (a tad more expensive than I thought it would be!) for the one coming on a Friday so she can get some 'real' experience doing clients in a commercial environment. Now on to insurance (did warn you I ramble :))... I have mine with the Guild and looked on their site as far as employers liability insurance goes and from what I can gather is £70 per person up to a maximum of 2. May be wrong but don't think that would cover me in this situation. So if I can't get it from them who is everyone else with and what kind of price am I looking at? (If its comprehensive and cheap you will save me getting an eye rolling and sighing session from the other half). Thanks in advance!

Hello all, Just a quick question (though I may ramble slightly). I was recently approached by my local college to take on a student, who is doing NVQ level 2 beauty therapy, one day a week (a Wednesday). Fine, no problem, agreed...then got asked to take on another one on a Thursday, agreed again. Then had another actually come in to see me who is now qualified to Level 2 and doing level 3 who will be doing a Friday with me. So will be kitting out another room by next week :eek: (a tad more expensive than I thought it would be!) for the one coming on a Friday so she can get some 'real' experience doing clients in a commercial environment. Now on to insurance (did warn you I ramble :))... I have mine with the Guild and looked on their site as far as employers liability insurance goes and from what I can gather is £70 per person up to a maximum of 2. May be wrong but don't think that would cover me in this situation. So if I can't get it from them who is everyone else with and what kind of price am I looking at? (If its comprehensive and cheap you will save me getting an eye rolling and sighing session from the other half). Thanks in advance!

The best thing to do is give us a call on 0845 2177 383 and talk through your specific requirements. Our membership advisors will then try and find the option that is best for you.

Latest posts

Back