Insurances

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannahsmith88

Reaction score
From April 3rd I will be renting a chair at work but I also will be doing some mobile hairdressing can anyone please tell me:
-what insurance I need?
-where to get this from?
Thanks

From April 3rd I will be renting a chair at work but I also will be doing some mobile hairdressing can anyone please tell me:
-what insurance I need?
-where to get this from?
Thanks

Thanks il have a look, no clue what I'm doing lol, am I classed as a sole trader?

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly check with the place you are working for if they cover you for Publuc Liability, if they dont then start with whoever you use for your business account as they usually do loyalty discounts, If you use your personal bank account now then speak to your bank about setting yourself a business account up and then insurance. I use Natwest, they were very helpful and my insurance preminum is £220 for the year

Just had a proper look and these are for beauty and not hairdressing :/

Sorry just re-read for the mobile you need Public Liability

In April I'm renting a chair as a hairdresser, but also do some mobile anyone know of an insurance company and am I classed as a sole trader, I really don't have a clue :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi thanks il check as got business account with Lloyds I really do t have a clue lol

Salon gold is good also if you join the freelance hairdressers federation they have their own. It also has an extended skin testing policy xx

You are a sole trader, if you give some of these Insurance companies a call they may well have cover for Hair.

It is difficult when you are starting up getting everything organised, so I do sympathise with you, but there are a lot of threads on here regarding Insurance and a search will help you to find them. Yes, they may not be specifically for Hair, but as I say speaking directly to the Insurance Companies will give you the information you need.

It is also best to stick to the one thread for this, as starting 3 threads for the one subject causes all sorts of confusion.

Try salon gold hun xx

Thanks salon gold is well cheap thanks guys xxxx

Great aren't they xx

-what insurance I need?
-where to get this from?
Thanks

Check where you rent if you have an agreement inside it may say you are or are not covered by their salon insurance for public liability if not try First Academy Salon insurance I find reasonable google it I can remeber the website hope this helps. Also make sure you have sometype of agreement if renting helpw you and also who you are renting off

Latest posts

Back