interview results.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacletrace

Reaction score
Hi id just like to say thanks to everyone who replied to my thread.
It was a friendly afro caribbean salon, which was 25 years old and to be honest looked like it could do with a re-vamp, owner wanted to make it multi-cultural. There was already a small client base from previous tech who left to have a baby but never went back. It was rent a space and i had to provide my own table and chairs, the rent was very cheap at £80 a week i managed to get 1st 2 weeks for £60! The job was mine if i wanted it. i said i would call her on monday as she had to check her insurance covered me as i cannot yet get mine as im still waiting on my certificate. I was a bit worried as the salon was in the run down side of town, it took forever to get there and the salon was probably the friendliest one in town but not the cleanest. I decided against it. Nevertheless the owner called me yesterday to say that her insurance didnt cover me,i did ask what the last tech did and she said it was never spoke about!!!

I have another interview in brand new salon in a closer town tomorrow. its to be employed! not sure if i want to be employed or self employed only one way to tell.

Just one question though....can anyone tell me about a licence i need? do i need toget my own or if im employed does the owner get it???

HI

Just wanted to say good luck for your interview. I think you jus get a feeling and know whats right.
Co-insidentally (prob spelt wrong!) I also have been offered a position in an afro hairdressers thro a friend of a friend. I have to pay her 20% and is in a good location _ ie lots of passers by. It also could do with a bit of a revamp / clean. I am going for it tho. She's so easy going (possibly too much) I'm gonna help her do a bit of a make over.

She also wants to teach me how to braid hair and stuff so I can help if I'm quiet and she'll pay me 20%, which I think is fair enough. But I don't plan on being quiet !!

Anyway sorry to babble let us know how it goes and your progress, and I'll do the same. x

Hi Trace,

Not sure if this is in your area, or even if you'd be interested, but i know of someone that was looking for a nail tech to work in her hair salon in loughton. If you are interested then pm me and ill give you the details so you can call her for a chat.

Michelle x

Latest posts

Back