Intimate waxing courses, Scotland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ker3003

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend somewhere to do the intimate waxing course in Scotland? I'm booked to do a waxing course next month but the trainer doesn't offer intimate waxing training. :) x

I did my intimate training with NKD waxing (the company who have the waxing salon in House of Fraser)

I would highly recommend them

I did my intimate training with NKD waxing (the company who have the waxing salon in House of Fraser)

I would highly recommend them

Thanks! Which House of Fraser did you do it in? X

HI, not sure if its too far for you but we are offering intimate wax courses - I am based in Banff if that helps or if you have a salon we could have a look at the option of me traveling to you? if you want to pm me we can have a chat?

Whenever I see Banff mentioned I automatically think of British Columbia, Canada. Clearly that would be a bit of a trek!

Whenever I see Banff mentioned I automatically think of British Columbia, Canada. Clearly that would be a bit of a trek!

Oye, the real Banff is in Scotland :O))

Kim Lawless is training in Edinburgh this year!

Thanks! Which House of Fraser did you do it in? X

I didn't do the course in the store.

Their trainer came up from Nottingham and the course was held at NSI in Hillington, Glasgow

It was a much smaller class group that previous waxing training I have done and I preferred this as the trainer could spend far more time watching and offering advice.

I left feeling really confident.

Smaller groups are the only way to train! When I do it I train I do a maximum of four students, more then that and I can't give students the attention they need nor enough of my time.

Oye, the real Banff is in Scotland :O))

Indeed it is! In a beautiful area too. I'm not far along the road from you, Nairn :)

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

You should definitely contact Kim to see when she is in Edinburgh, her training is amazing and every client I have says its the most proper intimate wax they've ever had. she's a hoot aswell xx

Small groups are great for people slow to pick things up new techniques, especially if they've been taught another way. I don't mean slow as in dense by the way as a few people have chosen to take my comment that way. I run small groups and groups of 8. I know from the feedback that I get that although daunting at first, they prefer the way that I run my classes but there's always going to be a few that disagree. Some people just like to go on courses and some people like to try different methods of training. Thats life!

The downside in a small class is that you don't get to see so many Intimate waxes being done. It's not just about the doing, it's about the watching too. By watching your fellow students be taught, you've seen so many be done by the end of the day that it's difficult for it to not sink in. Almost like brainwashing! lol Everyone learns differently.

Of course there's also the fact that some people run small classes because they don't get many people booking on the course.

Google for reviews on whoever you think about training with. Don't take any notice of testonials on their websites as they could be their cronies or complete fabrication. Look for independent reviews.

I'll be teaching from 'The Centre' in Scotland this year, the CND Educator centre. PM me for details.

Last edited:
I do agree with Kim, there is pros and cons in everything. Small groups and 1-2-1 training as we and many others offer gives the advantage that the student gets the trainer for the whole day and can get as much practice as possible with different models which gives them a good start but obviously if you have a small group and students get to watch also it can help a lot, however it is sometimes hard to find models when they know its not just one student but many watching :O))

As Kim says, the main thing is to find a reputable company who is known for their training and make sure they are accredited for the courses they are offering and then its up to the student to decide if they want to go into a group or 1-2-1 training and if they prefer to do the training on an event or in their own salon....

Abc beauty in Dunfermline train in Australian body care intimate waxing, very reasonably priced and includes starter waxing kit x

Small groups are not just great for people who are slow to pick things up and are not only offered by trainers who cannot fill up their courses!!! Some trainers prefer to take less money if that means being able to give their students a better learning environment.

Watching other people is no substitute whatsoever for getting closely-supervised, hands-on practice. I could watch Masterchef every night of the week, but it wouldn't turn me into a Michelin-starred cook.

i have done a lot of different classes and am in no doubt smaller classes are better ,
am sorry to those that offer 20 in a class but theres no way i would pay several hundred pounds to stand and watch some trainer perfom a wax and then get to do like half a leg and walk away with a certificate ,

i have done both private and regular college training and the college i went to i had to show our tutor how to wax because she was literally making a mess of anyone she touched,

i think the whole legislation on training need to change quite frankly as theres too many people who suddenly train and then wahey they do their pttls and they are a trainer when in fact they have hardly any experience

I have just entered the training arena after 16 years in the waxing business and considered for a long time as to how I would prefer to train. I decided that smaller classes was what I wanted to do but it was nothing to do with me thinking that students would be slow or me not filling a course.

I based my decision on what I would prefer as a student, value for money and the amount of attention I could give to a student along with the time they could spend, supervised before going home and going it alone, so to speak.

As Kim says, everyone should do their own research on their trainers etc and make up their own minds if they are happy to be in a larger class or prefer the smaller class size. Everyone is different with different needs and opinions on the subject. Just as well we are not all the same, the world would be a very boring place indeed! :wink2:

Small groups are great for people slow to pick things up .

are...........you...........saying................I'm...............Slooooooowwww??? LOL :D

It's just my personal opinion that I prefer smaller classes. If I am paying to train, I like my time to be spent doing as much practical as possible, under the close guidance and supervision of a trainer. The larger a class is, the less time a trainer has to spend with each trainee.

Having trained in larger AND smaller groups, I will always now spend my hard earned cash on smaller training classes. It's what works best for me.

are...........you...........saying................I'm...............Slooooooowwww??? LOL :D

Elliebee, I don't even know who you are so of course I'm not saying that. I'll PM you for your real name.

I'm really sorry if you took it that way as it wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular.

I run small groups and groups of 8 and based my opinion on the feedback on why people chose the size of course they did.

Really sorry if I offended you. I think we all take responses on here as though they're directed at us personally. No bad feelings.:hug:

I PM'd you and emailed you to apologise for any misunderstanding but no replies from you. Shame:(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back