Is £200 p/w rent too high for a stunning beauty room within a hotel & leisure club?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liv*

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first time on here so please be nice:hug:.

I am keen on renting out one of my beauty rooms with in a busy hotel and leisure club. The hotel and salon are beautifully presented and i stock Microdermabrasion, Non Surgical Facelift machine, a great skin care/nail/tan brand. The therapist will have full use of all of this including till, phone, water, heating, licences etc... As they will have nothing to pay out themselves other than rent and have massive potential to take on average £750-£850 p/w is £200 per week fair?

It costs me £3200 per month to run the salon and i dont know if it would be more cost effective to rent out a room or take on a member of staff?

Please help...

Thank you :wink2:

I don't know if you will get many takers for that price tbh. Is the room big enough for 2 people to share it, ie a nail bar and a massage bed with a false wall?

I'm only asking, because it sounds fab, but a huge undertaking for someone unless they came in with a team of staff to actually make any money.

Will you be supplying products for them to use?

Thank you for your reply, i see where your comming from but they will be busy here. The room is a good size but not really ideal for housing a nail station as well.

I was thinking i would offer it at £150p/w for 3 months, £170p/w for 3 months and then £200p/w thereafter so that it would give them some time to build up their clientel.

Do you think this would apeal to a wider audience?

:hug:

Yes, all products will be included, there will be no expence to the renter at all.

I have a couple of friends that would prob snap your hands off, including me lol,

Am sure you will get someone in no time at all

xx

sounds like you are willing to negotiate and looking at it from the renters pov.
although starting from scratch and finding £170 for the first week is still a big undertaking.

good luck to you. glad that you will be offering all of the products and equipment but that does sound more like you are employing than self employed.

Oh thanks Nicki, thats really good to know. From the therapists POV i think it is a safer investment to have the products and epuiptment provided as the therapist will not have to get any loans or find any money for products and machinerary(and we all know how much that can add up to!) and they only have to think about the rent, therefore less risk.

I do want it to be fair so will defo look at it from both sides.

Is it not really heard of to provide the products as well as the room? From all the research i have done in my area this is the norm. I just think it would be easier as it is a running salon already, we can keep the same pricelist/website/advertising etc...

As Hippy Chick said it is really nice that you are thinking of the "renter"

xx

Thanks, yea i would always put myself in their position too see it from their side too. The thing is i'd want them to be there long term so there is no point having the rent too high so no one stays but i also need to think of my expenses and make sure they are covered.

Like i said earlier, i think it is a really good offer and if i were looking to rent somewhere myself i would go for this (but i would say that wouldnt i!Haha).

Could you not work it on a commission basis?
Maybe let them work on commission for the first 3 months and see how it goes.
If they don't have any clients then it won't cost them and they won't be out of pocket.
If she earns a lot in a week then you will be getting more than £200 a week if you are expecting them to average £800 a week.

Yes that is also a possibility Angelina, Thanks.

I think that is fair, I live in liverpool and avegage rent for table even is £25 per day so weekly is £175 pw and this is just for a table, a room would be more and the norm is therapist supply own products. I really think on percentage base would be better maybe for first 3 months to get client base regular and then maybe review to see which works best for both yourself and therapist.

Would that not leave you out of pocket?? if you are really busy and you have to pay for stock etc. xx

I would pay £200 per week to rent that out, personally! Definitely infact.
I'm sure with it being a hotel and leisure club they would make well over that in one day.
If it was me then I would rent it out. Could you not write up a short contract and see how it goes?
If it doesn't work out then hire a therapist?
Good luck in what you decide xxx

sounds like you are willing to negotiate and looking at it from the renters pov.
although starting from scratch and finding £170 for the first week is still a big undertaking.

good luck to you. glad that you will be offering all of the products and equipment but that does sound more like you are employing than self employed.

I think you are right with the being employed thing.You need to be a bit careful on that one and get some advice making sure some contracts are drawn up so its in writing that they are aware they are responsible for their own tax and insurance etc.

Latest posts

Back