Is all strip wax the same?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sian9292

Reaction score
So I am Lycon trained and that is all I would ever use for hot wax but Is strip wax really any different brand to brand?

Some people will say that all strip waxes are the same, but I really disagree you do, in general, get what you pay for. I have found cheap or generic waxes are not as fluid, set up quicker (too quick) are not as pliable go on to thick and may therefore not be as economical as the cheaper price may imply. I originally trained using a high end wax but at college they used really cheap wax which I hated as I couldn't work with it.

They are all totally different and you tend to find when you get used to using 1 brand you get used to it quite quickly. I like Oritree and PHD waxes but there's lots of good ones to choose from.

I trained with Gigi in college, retrained with Epillys, and then SatinSmooth, all reputable and decent brands, but then Lycon came to my area and I converted and my entire business of waxing went through the roof. I Was at the top of my game using other brands as I was always told the proper technique makes all the difference, but you can make yourself a million times better with a better product. So yes, not all strip waxes are created equally.

Latest posts

Back