Is Gel lighter than L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemotail

Invisible Geek
Reaction score
I have had a few clients this week who have previously been regular Creative L&P wearers comment that Gel feels lots lighter on their fingers :eek: . This worried me a wee bit - is my gel application is too thin ? - I have had no problems at all to date (touch wood) with client breakages or losing nails.
Is Brisa Gel lighter than Creative L&P ?
Or has the previous tech been applying L&P too thick? I only saw one of the sets of L&P as they all had removed them and it was thicker than I would expect L&P to be but the client said she was heavy handed so the tech made them thicker for her.
MTIA
KxXx

Hi Karol,

this is something that I have heard a few times and I think it is just that some people think thickness means strength. But as we know it doesnt.

If applied correctly there should be no feeling of heaviness - in fact they should just feel as if they have always been there.

I find that the slight flex in the gel makes it feel less rigid on the nail than l&p, so maybe this is what they mean by it feeling lighter?

2 of my clients have said the same thing to me this week... the first one said she felt as if the enhancements were her own nails and the second (who had NSS concrete a year ago) said that it was really light and she didn't feel as if she had enhancements on... I used Brisa on both of them.
maybe they expect enhancements to be thick and bulky, could be they're going by past experiences and having inferior products used on their nails ???

i have had loads of new clients come to my salon after a salon a few doors away closed down. the clients have creative L&P on their nails and altho i do Creative L&P, i do prefer doing brisa gels enhancements.
the crap that has been fed to these clients about gels are amazing and the salon that told them don't even do gel, ??:eek: ......now they are wearing brisa gel they love it and have said how lighter they feel but still strong and durable, and how much quicker gel is to do.

It is sad isn't it that some of those who only offer one system feel they have to denegrate every other system in order to keep their clients loyal to them??? So silly. No wonder the public are misled.

All systems can be as quick as each other ... all systems can feel light and comfprtable to wear ... all sytems can be strong and durable ...

IF DONE CORRECTLY AND BEAUTIFULLY BY A COMPETENT TECHNICIAN.

i think gel feels lighter on your nails.

Latest posts

Back