Is introducing waxing a good move?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
from a salon owners view do you think waxing is popluar within your treatments. e.g we do hair,nails and have sunbeds. i will be introducing facials soon also.

as people have asked about it i want to see how it goes.
but just wanted to see if it brings in a good profit for salons and if its more or less popular then your other treatments we arent doing massages at the moment but possilbly in the future.

waxing is defo the treatment we make most profit of its a bread and butter treatment! xx

I would say waxing is one of the mainstays of my business, along with pedicures & facials. My only caveat to that is to make sure you get good training, not cheap training, and use a good quality wax (personally I like Perron Rigot) as waxing when done shoddily will quickly lead to an empty salon.

I would say Waxing is a must for any salon offering beauty treatments. And invest in high quality waxes and training (either Perron Rigot or Berins) and your reputation will build up to a fully booked salon! As Martin says bad waxing will turn it into an empty salon!

Mat xx

is it an all year round treatment as some feedback ive had is that its a summer treatment mainly..

In the summer I have a greater amount of waxing as you get the occassional waxers, but I also have a huge number of clients who come every month for waxing. Also, there is always the opportunity to sell other treatments to these clients, i.e. "why not book something relaxing as a treat"!

In the summer I have a greater amount of waxing as you get the occassional waxers, but I also have a huge number of clients who come every month for waxing. Also, there is always the opportunity to sell other treatments to these clients, i.e. "why not book something relaxing as a treat"!

thats is the way im thinking the more you have in the salon then the better chance i have to mix treatments etc

i cant wait to do my course now thanks

Waxing is one of the most profitable beauty treatments in my salon. worthwhile having it as set up costs are very low too.

Waxing is a popular treatment for both women and men. It is the treatment that I will get done the most frequently personally. I know of few salons offering skin treatments that don't offer waxing!
Posted via Mobile Device

Absolutely, taking a good waxing course is a must and becoming a great waxer will set you apart from other salons in your area. If you are good waxer you will be busy.

I was going to say waxing is a salons bread and butter too, particularly during the summer. Many women (and men) see it as a necessity, if they're skint, they might put off having a facial until they're got money again but they will save money for waxing as they "NEED" it.

A salon near mine offers a set price per month for as much waxing as required - they get a lot of Asian ladies going in who want/need waxing a lot as it works out better than paying for them each time.

im just in the middle of adding it to my business plan.
how much do you reckon on average is a good amount to aim for in the first month.

my area does have alot of asian women around the salon who have enquired about it and threading now i think about it.

i have put about 5 a week is that ambitious or not enough :irked:
i will do special promo like percentage off for the first week if they book by x date or something and loyalty card like after 5 they get something off or extra.

I was going to say waxing is a salons bread and butter too, particularly during the summer. Many women (and men) see it as a necessity, if they're skint, they might put off having a facial until they're got money again but they will save money for waxing as they "NEED" it.

A salon near mine offers a set price per month for as much waxing as required - they get a lot of Asian ladies going in who want/need waxing a lot as it works out better than paying for them each time.

thats a good idea i might do that thanks

Absolutely, waxing is a definite! Repeat custom and will bring in new clients who will then look at the other treatments available. Win - win situation if you ask me! :)

Waxing always used to be around 60% of any salons income. Not sure what it is now as I only do waxing. You really should add it to your service menu......it's a must. xxx

thanks.. soounds good to me.. hopefully get it up and running as soon as possible.
do anyone have a rough idea of potential average amount of customers you have a week when you just started doing it so i can ge a rough idea.

thanks

I do a bare minimum of two or three waxes a day, and in the summer months this rockets.

Apart from the odd pedicure and spray tans I am waxing all day every day.

If it wasn't for the loyalty of my lovely die hard clients that have been supporting me from the beginning, I would give up all my other beauty treatments and become a waxing only salon, I know I would make more money.

Waxing has to be the most lucrative of all salon treatments, even using premium products, the profit margin in excellent. I'd say go for it, get some excellent training, use a premium wax, build up your confidence and you will soon get the clients returning if you can offer an exceptional service.

Good luck :)

All sounds great but for goodness sake put a bit of practice in before sticking it on the menu if you are doing it yourself.
Its not a case of just learning it on the monday and off you go fully booked on the tuesday ripping hairs off everyone there is quite a bit of skill involved.

All sounds great but for goodness sake put a bit of practice in before sticking it on the menu if you are doing it yourself.
Its not a case of just learning it on the monday and off you go fully booked on the tuesday ripping hairs off everyone there is quite a bit of skill involved.

Could not agree more, I've just trained with Kim and am so thankful I have people I can practice on first. To build confidence and speed!!

Latest posts

Back