is it just me or...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

do nails seem to grow faster when you are wearing extensions?
why is this?
x

I'm sure they do .... don't quote me on this (though I type it here for all the 'Nail World' to see ... lol), I'm sure I read somewhere that the ... erm, what word do I use here .... manipulation (perhaps) that the nail receives during service actually encourages nail growth.

buttonmoon54321 said:
do nails seem to grow faster when you are wearing extensions?
why is this?
x

I think they do as well, or seem to. Doesn't seem to take long for your natural nail to reach the end of the tip. I would like to know if it really does help them to grow or if its just our imagination.

xx

I too noticed this but i think that's because enhancements are stronger and don't "wear-out" as easily as natural nails. Except for the corners on my right index and thumb, those wear-out pretty damm fast too! LOL

the reason nails grow faster whilst wearing extensions is because of the stimulation they get when filing the natural nail before putting the extension on and when filing them to take the shine off the nail when doing a fill. the same effect will happen if you rub your nails on one hand with the nails on the making like a clicking sound. this also stimulates the nail plate

I think they grow faster because all the buffing during the treatment. All this buffing gets the circulation going and it is the Blood that feeds the Nail.
So the more blood that is fed to the nail, the quicker the nail growth.

Well, this is what i was taught at college anyway.

Latest posts

Back