is it ok to apply to my local paper to put article in regarding nss?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
after reading some of your posts regarding nss

would it be possible to go to my local paper an ask them if they would do an article on this ?

i have several clients come to me with terrible danged nails due to electric files an mma

would i have to pay for them to put this in the paper ?

have any of you done this yet ?

doesnt seem fare and its about time the public was able to read upon more on non standard salons

I think it would be ok to ask them to do an article regarding mma but make sure its not libelous by pointing the finger to any nail premises or race otherwise you are going to open up a whole heap of trouble for yourself. Keep it to fact, sanitary procedures in the salon, offer the editor a complimentary manicure and you may even get your services advertised within the write up.
David

Jaydee said:
I think it would be ok to ask them to do an article regarding mma but make sure its not libelous by pointing the finger to any nail premises or race otherwise you are going to open up a whole heap of trouble for yourself. Keep it to fact, sanitary procedures in the salon, offer the editor a complimentary manicure and you may even get your services advertised within the write up.
David

thanks for that will apply to my local paper 2moro that used to do all my local advertising

thanks again x

Just be careful to give them accurate information & point out that it is the MMA, etc that is the problem. The trouble with articles like this is that they often end up as a general attack on nails. Often the writer doesn't have a clue about nails so they write a load of rubbish. A clear informative article with a positive attitude to the nail industry would be a good thing but if the writer doesn't know what he/she is talking about it could backfire. Make sure they do their research first & don't confuse the readers with nonsense. To be honest, you may find that a local paper isn't interested, but it's worth a try.

I did a great quote for M-Celebs last Sunday and we have had LOADS of calls as I specifically quoted Creative Teks being THE teks to get your nails done by.

The only thing I would say Hayley is that we must be respectful all the time of our competitors because at the end of the day...we don't know if they actually used MMA or they just did a pants job overall. According to Doug Schoon (and I asked him a lot about EMA V MMA) the worst thing about MMA is what has to be done to the natural nails before hand in order to make MMA stick. BUT, many do that anyway even when using EMA!

It is a fine line and one that I feel we should be educating our clients and the general public about; but one can't damn salons becuase 'Asian' people work there, they charge less or they use drills... after all... we may not like it but it is legal! Until the Government says it isn't ... it is! Make sure you keep your own clients educated... when you do the great job you do... they will tell all and the job regarding MMA is done for you through your 'educated clients'!! Hope this helps!

Hiya, I have just started giving out a newletter regarding MMA and nail drills, etc. How to choose a good salon. Does you salon santize it's equipment and don't be afraid to ask. If they feel in anyway uncomfortable with the response go somewhere else.

I have also linked with my local council. The head officer knows me very well now! Some of the Enviromental health officers know little more than Joe public but are willing to learn. Some will have meetings and invite you along if you make yourself know. If you have a salon in your area that is partcularly bad they will send in a secret shopper. Be extremely sure before you go down this road. I myself have never pointed the finger at a salon but i have sent information to the salon which was very gratefully received. In terms of the Asian salon's most think they do the best nails and that there way is best. Some don't know the dangers of MMA. Currently their is an eduation who travels to London from the USA to teach them UK nails. In my area their are two such salons now using Creative.

lastly send your info and new to the local rags - if they see a story they may print it, but it might not go the way you expected.

N2D4

Latest posts

Back