Is it possible to get a refund for bad set of nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strac

Reaction score
Hi,

My friend had a set of gel overlays done on friday at a salon and they look awful. I have trained as a Nail Tech but no longer do it so she came to me for advice. Her nails have been filed down extremely short and she can't even do simple things like open a pack of wipes. This was her first time having her nails done an she explained she wanted natural looking nails, not too long, and she wanted to be able to get her nails to grow up underneath. She now has bright peach/orange stumps and had painful stingy figers all weekend.
Today she rang the salon and said she really wasn't happy and the lady (not the girl who did the nails) explained they are all trained, and experienced and would have done their best blah blah. My friend wants them removed, which the lady is reluctant to do saying the next appt is at the weekend and they can "rectify" the prob.
Where does my friend stand - is she right to expect a refund for a bad job? She was also sold a "remover" to get the peach colour off and repaint which she is now told will just take the clear top off and she can paint over the peach gel?! I am going to remove the overlays for her as she cannot bear to have them on any longer. Any advice or similar experiences please!!??
Many thanks

I can't comment on salons polycys but if I wear you I'd leave them on for 2 reasons ,
1, of she has any chance of refund ect they need to see them!

2 , if the nails/ fingers hurt that's prob not the overlay making the pain it's likely her nails are thined out under the enhNcements, removing them totaly will add to the pain !

Id thin them or replace them straght away, or leave them alone for the salon to see and get her to use lots of oil like solar oil :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back