Is now a good time to start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspiration

Reaction score
I may be loosing my job soon and I have ben thinking of setting my own mobile beauty business for a while but with the way the recession is at the moment have been putting it off, but Im really thinking of doing it now, are people finding it hard on there business..I offer manicure, pedicure, gel nails,spray tans and soon massage, reflexology and aromatherapy..I ant got no experience either as i havent got round to doing anything with my skills since qualifying, but I do have the equipment

I think I just need a kick up the butt and a bit of advice on what I need to :lol:

:) Hi I have been getting busier not quieter, I think with the right kind of advertising you will do great hun, my advice would be to get yourself a website, put yourself on every free advertising site,you can, ie, yell.com, netmums.com. Then when someone googles mobile beauty in your area you will come out at the top. In the mean time get lots of friends and family booked in to get practicing and promoting you.
Good luck and hope I have helped a little.:hug:

I think it depends on area and how much efforts your willing to put into advertising.
As you don't have the experience i would suggest you ask for models and charge model prices at first to get you some experience.

Hths x

Hey there,

You have put yourself out to do the course, don't let it all go now!! As the others have said, provide your family and friends with FREE services while you build up your confidence, spa's don't pay a lot but I got a lot of experiance from one I joined and I found I picked up clients from there too!

It's going to br hard work but if you put it in, you will find you can make it work!

Best of Luck!!!! x

my salon has been open for four months
It has gone mental, im busier than ever day by day. go for it what have you got to loose

Is there ever a good time?!

Go for it hun im sure you will do well these things take time x

I started up 6 weeks ago and it's SO much busier than I expected to be in this "recession"...... Things are getting busier week by week.....

By the way, best "marketing/advertising" I've found so far is Pamper evenings - I did one just before starting and it went fantastically well - lots of calls from it. My flyers with an offer sadly didn't work..... one phone call from 600 leaflets delivered..... But you live and learn on what works in your area, for your clients, etc....

Also I have my business cards on the counter of the Hairdressing salon where I rent a space and lots of clients pick up my card as they're paying for their hair.

Good luck

By the way, best "marketing/advertising" I've found so far is Pamper evenings - I did one just before starting and it went fantastically well - lots of calls from it.

Hi, just wanted to ask, what did you do in your pamper evenings? im really interested as i had a similar idea but didnt know where to start.

thanx

My flyers with an offer sadly didn't work..... one phone call from 600 leaflets delivered..... But you live and learn on what works in your area, for your clients, etc....

I don't know the exact figures but this isn't classed as not working! I think thats pretty good!

Becki xxx

Latest posts

Back