Is the bad weather affecting business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow 550 new friends, how did you find them all? I post nearly everyday and have kind of reached a peak at just over 100 likes. Invited all of my Facebook friends but find the majority of people ignore these invites! Plus I want people on my business Facebook that aren't necessarily my actual friends, just don't know where to find them!

I have the same problem i feel like i cant ask my 'friends to share enough but i just feel their not doing so therefore id love to reach shall we say random potential customers in the area! Will subscribe to this info thread xx

At least the sun is shining now lol xxxx

Wow 550 new friends, how did you find them all? I post nearly everyday and have kind of reached a peak at just over 100 likes. Invited all of my Facebook friends but find the majority of people ignore these invites! Plus I want people on my business Facebook that aren't necessarily my actual friends, just don't know where to find them!

Okay I'll try to answer this so that it makes sense ;-) I started off with a FB 'page' as in a 'LIKES' page!! This meant that I had to wait for or beg for likes from friends as you mention. It was a pain in the neck and I hated that I had to pester friends. The alternative was to set up a regular page just the same as your own personal one so you can send friend requests out all the time...or almost all the time. Mine uses my salon name just like it was my name so something like Lola Beauty would do or even better...Lola Beauty London! I try to send some friend requests out each day and try to ensure that they are to local people who are of use to me, not just randomers who live miles away or would have no interest in my product...though you just never know!! Facebook is very kind with their helpful tool 'People you may know!' I have a tanning and nails salon and have found that everyone wants to be your friend if you can make them tanned. I also do little things like comment on how many friends we have...'Wow we've just hit 400 friends...fantastic! First person to post a comment can have a free spray tan.' I was over the moon when the girls that have won have then posted on their own walls and have encouraged their own friends to follow us! Lucky or what! Today we did a 'Threadathon' so reduced the cost of threading for an hour and posted it on FB and Twitter. Also our customers are starting to post testimonials on our page about our tans etc...again without us asking them to which is soooo lovely and makes every day worthwhile! It helps that we are using Nouvatan and everyone seems to love it!!
Facebook and Twitter are amazing free tools so get using them and just try to think up new ideas all the time. I am so impressed by how well it is working for us...we opened almost 5 weeks ago and still haven't done any advertising! I was back to back on thursday and friday with spray tans!! Equally I don't want to appear be too cocky as it's very early days for us so fingers and toes crossed....oh and thank you Facebook :D

Okay I'll try to answer this so that it makes sense ;-) I started off with a FB 'page' as in a 'LIKES' page!! This meant that I had to wait for or beg for likes from friends as you mention. It was a pain in the neck and I hated that I had to pester friends. The alternative was to set up a regular page just the same as your own personal one so you can send friend requests out all the time...or almost all the time. Mine uses my salon name just like it was my name so something like Lola Beauty would do or even better...Lola Beauty London! I try to send some friend requests out each day and try to ensure that they are to local people who are of use to me, not just randomers who live miles away or would have no interest in my product...though you just never know!! Facebook is very kind with their helpful tool 'People you may know!' I have a tanning and nails salon and have found that everyone wants to be your friend if you can make them tanned. I also do little things like comment on how many friends we have...'Wow we've just hit 400 friends...fantastic! First person to post a comment can have a free spray tan.' I was over the moon when the girls that have won have then posted on their own walls and have encouraged their own friends to follow us! Lucky or what! Today we did a 'Threadathon' so reduced the cost of threading for an hour and posted it on FB and Twitter. Also our customers are starting to post testimonials on our page about our tans etc...again without us asking them to which is soooo lovely and makes every day worthwhile! It helps that we are using Nouvatan and everyone seems to love it!!
Facebook and Twitter are amazing free tools so get using them and just try to think up new ideas all the time. I am so impressed by how well it is working for us...we opened almost 5 weeks ago and still haven't done any advertising! I was back to back on thursday and friday with spray tans!! Equally I don't want to appear be too cocky as it's very early days for us so fingers and toes crossed....oh and thank you Facebook :D

This is what I tried to do and although I love Facebook to advertise I tried to make myself an account using my salon name Shahildar and second name Boutique .... It came back sayin Facebook won't allow a name like this !! I tried making a one then changing the name but nope I cant do this either

Really disappointed!

I had bro call my profile belle vie-beauty I prefer the profile but I am promoting my page aswell as I k ow having a profile is against the rules. I got banned for making friend requests for 14 for making too many. I'm going to stick to 10 a day. X

This is what i was going to do originally then so many people were saying not to as your facebook page could get shut down but i know of loads of businesses who have personal profiles so I guess it works! Think I'll try it but keep promoting the 'like' page as well just in case that ever did happen! If it means even getting one new client then its worth it!
Thanks for the advice :)

Oh I know FB disapproves of this and may well shut me down at some point but so far it's worked a treat! I get blocked from adding too many new friends all the time but I just go quiet till the end of the ban and then start again! They are the ones that keep 'recommending' friends to me....so I may as well add them!! No doubt there will come a time when FB changes everything and we'll be paying for the priviledge of using it so I figure that I may as well get on with whatever I can for now. No idea why it won't let some of you set up a name like mine (that's not my real name by the way...just an example) as it worked perfectly first time for me thankfully! I'd say keep trying... where there's a will there's a way. xx

Ok I've made the Page and so far have more friends on it than I have 'likes' on the the other page after only 1 day! Hope it works! Facebook won't allow you to have a name which they recognise as a business name eg 'yourname' beauty. To get around it you have to make it 'yournamebeauty' London for example of that makes any sense!

Ok I've made the Page and so far have more friends on it than I have 'likes' on the the other page after only 1 day! Hope it works! Facebook won't allow you to have a name which they recognise as a business name eg 'yourname' beauty. To get around it you have to make it 'yournamebeauty' London for example of that makes any sense!

Yay well done you! You have probably explained the name thing better than me and yes, it's brilliant isn't it. Sooo easy to add friends and so quick. Lets just hope that the FB boffins are asleep.....at least for a while longer! Good luck lovely, hope it brings you lots of business xx

If you ask each new client to become your friend on fb, ask them to share you with their friends afterwards. Mine usually share me with a lovely comment about their new tan. x

Yay well done you! You have probably explained the name thing better than me and yes, it's brilliant isn't it. Sooo easy to add friends and so quick. Lets just hope that the FB boffins are asleep.....at least for a while longer! Good luck lovely, hope it brings you lots of business xx

Aw thank you, I love this site, so helpful for things like this! I think the Facebook people only know about it if someone reports you so we should be fine! Hope you stay busy and good luck too! Xx

Latest posts

Back