Is this any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hi ive been running through some ideas of things to do in my salon. ive been doing a mother and daughter promo which has been really popular and a few parents got me thinking about doing something for kids mainly girls.

i was thinking about doing 1 hour beauty sessions and teach and show them how do small things like paint nails with glitter etc.. glitter make up.. practise hair on our training heads etc..

there is nothing like that around the area so might be good...

i dont know what day would be best weekend or weekday....

id like to do something along these lines..

does anyone do this type of thing already and do you think parents would bring their children. ?

Last edited:
I like that idea. My daughter has just started showing an interest in this sort of thing (she is only 6 lol so maybe a bit young to learn properly) and loves her Bratz Head which she has learned how to do pony tails and plaits - bless :hug:

Anyway, yes I think it is a good idea as kids love learning new skills.
Jen x

i think alot of girlies would like it. just not sure if muumies would bring them or how much to charge really..

maybe you could offer these services at kid's parties? Parents might be more inclined to pay more this sort of treat if it's for a birthday?

the price id charge for a birthday would be very different. and have alot more involved. which we do.

but this is for the hour.
ive decided to do it for about 2.50 for the hour. which is affordable. there are alot of things like this in the area e.g craft, but not beauty ones for girls.

£2.50 per hour is less than half of the minimum wage! Are you really gonna work for £2.50 per hour in west London? It equates to £100 per week if you did it as a job.
As a London hairdresser, if someone gave you a £2.50 tip you would assume they had fallen on hard times!
Never ever undersell your skills and hard work.

my sister used to go to a club like this in the morning with about 8 other kids and it was 2.00.

they only paint nails etc and practise styles so not really hard work.
they are only children under 13. she used to really like it and it give them something to do.
maybe i havent explained it right but that is aound the price that people charge for this type of thing. my local mother and child club charge £1.50. no-one would pay £7.00+ for it. and its a similar thing

maybe i havent explained it vey well but il see how it goes

Er thats still 16 quid for an hours hard labour. Plus clearing up time.
Wouldnt it be much simpler and easier to do 1 extra blodry a week? just a thought x

maybe if i was just thinking about the money but its something i actually want do..because id actually enjoy doing it with them and will also will get our names out there amongst parent and schools.

the idea is not about profit only or il do someting else lol.

Latest posts

Back