Is this the wrong time to start out mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarsalon

Reaction score
Hi, just looking for your opinions really. i work full time at the moment as an administrator but my heart has always been with beauty industry - i have just never had the money to start off. now i have saved up and am going to start as a nail tech and hopefully expand to tanning/beauty over time. i want to start mobile to build up a client base. i am probably going to go with OPI for manicure and pedicure training and young nails for acrylics first, and then gel probably after that. although the training is a lot of money and what i am getting at is do you guys think this is completely the wrong time to go into business. i will keep my full time job and just work evenings and weekends but as i am new to where i live, i will probably be relying soley on advertising. are there new clients out there do you think or is everyone cutting down on nail treatments because of the credit crunch?? also, where did you all advertise when you were starting out. i was thinking of starting off in the yellow pages and leaflet dropping round the area. your opinions would be grateful. thanks in advance

you sound like you know what you want to do so i think you should go for it!
i dont think there's ever a right or wrong time really, there will always be different opinions.
just do lots of advertising like you said leaflet dropping, and in shop windows and word of mouth
i've learnt from what alot of people say on here, dont get disheartened or give up because it will take lots of time and effort to build up your business
hope everything goes well :) x

It's very true, there is never a wrong or right time. If it's what you want to do then go for it. If it works then great, if it doesn't then at least you can say you've tried. You will always have the qualification there so you can always go back to it.

I've recently started my own Beauty Business and i won't deny that it is very hard to pick it up. But if you stick to it you can make it work. You have gotta try and be the best as there is alot of competion out there.

Good luck in whatever you decide

AMY :)

Hi, just looking for your opinions really. i work full time at the moment as an administrator but my heart has always been with beauty industry - i have just never had the money to start off. now i have saved up and am going to start as a nail tech and hopefully expand to tanning/beauty over time. i want to start mobile to build up a client base. i am probably going to go with OPI for manicure and pedicure training and young nails for acrylics first, and then gel probably after that. although the training is a lot of money and what i am getting at is do you guys think this is completely the wrong time to go into business. i will keep my full time job and just work evenings and weekends but as i am new to where i live, i will probably be relying soley on advertising. are there new clients out there do you think or is everyone cutting down on nail treatments because of the credit crunch?? also, where did you all advertise when you were starting out. i was thinking of starting off in the yellow pages and leaflet dropping round the area. your opinions would be grateful. thanks in advance

Go for it - nothing ventured nothing gained.

Like all the other geeks suggest - Go for it! I currently work in IT and have done so for 13 years. I'm leaving my well paid job in 6 weeks time and starting my own mobile business. It's hard work getting everything put together like website, promotions, leaflets, logo's etc however I can't wait to get started. Life is too short to think what if! At least then you can always say you tried. If you decide to go for it PM me as I know what it's like working full time and setting up a business. I'm sure I could give you some hints n tips and some lessons learned! Good Luck

Dawney xx

Latest posts

Back