Itchy skin... any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry-Ann

Reaction score
I know this sounds strange, but my mum has really itchy shins (both legs), no rash, no reddening, and has not had any treatment lately. no change of washing powder etc .. any ideas? xxx:rolleyes:

The only advice I can give is take a trip to the doctors :hug: x

yeah your right hunny, just my 1st port of call in case I'm missing something. anyone know anything about fleabitis (spelling ??) sounds gross i know, but apparently nothing to do with fleas, just itchy legs! :eek: x

Do you mean 'phlebitis' pronounce 'flea- buy- tis'.

This would not usually cause itching as it can be rather painful and is usually a symtom of something more serious like a blood clot in the veins.

Could her itching not be related more to very dry skin. Is she using moisturizer?

I have had this before,but I have skin on the dry side,but get your mom to apply a rich moisture cream and it should help,but to reapply regularary, if it does not help then get your mom to see the doctors :):)

I back up the other geeks, I get itchy shins in winter and find instant relief when I apply a good rich moisturizer.

i got plebitis in my arm after having a canula in hospital , its isnt itchy its sore and you veins feel like a rope and are inflamed hun so i dont think it will be that
maybe use a good moisturiser and if thart dont stop it tell her to go to docs xx

Has she tried any antihistamine cream or tablets? They can stop itching.

I find that if I haven't exfoliated in awhile and my skin is dry, that it will get very itchy.

Tell her to get her legs waxed as this is great for exfoliating and relieving itching. xxx

hiya
i suffer from restless leg syndrome, which one of the symptoms is itchiness. they get so itchy its like i should have a rash or something but i havent. all i can do is take a bath and moisturise before bed, then take an antihestamine tablet.
x

hiya
i suffer from restless leg syndrome, which one of the symptoms is itchiness. they get so itchy its like i should have a rash or something but i havent. all i can do is take a bath and moisturise before bed, then take an antihestamine tablet.
x

OOOO hello fello RLS sufferer ....I HATE RESTLESS LEGS GGGRRRR

Anyway I came on to say, I too have been sooooo itchy the last few days Nightimes are the worsed...
I had my boyfriend spraying all the back of me last night with a moisturiser (he was warned before hand NOT to get frisky or i would not be responsible for my actions :green:)

I think mine is just the heat and dry skin, (I have noticed if i scratch somewhere, the area gets a little flakey)
So have been moisturising lots, combined with antihistamines and its easing off a bit

The key to dry skin is....exfoliation,as well as moisturisation....a dry skin is a "sluggish" skin,meaning,it needs to be stimulated as often as possible....moisturisation is fine as long as fresh new skin cells have come to the top aided by exfoliation,otherwise it is pointless,and you are just moisturising dead skin cells,and will not penetrate properly.

Kim,the wax queen is also right in recommending regular waxing,as this will alleviate the situation,i was always advocating this treatment for dry skin to clients,even if they were skeptical,it does the trick.

The first port of call should be the doctor or pharmacist,as they would be able to evaluate the situation,but using a salon brand moisturiser and exfoliant should not cause any harm,and can work alongside any other topical application cream:hug:

If sensitivity is occurring,as well as the dryness this must be treated first with desensitizing creams that can be purchased from the pharmacist.....if it is all over the body as well as the legs it could be with too harsh a cleansing product,but as it sounds localized it could be something else....so seeing a doctor would be the first place to seek help....i hope something works out for you xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back