ITEC Case Studies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paws

Reaction score
hello geekies,

I'm in the process of getting my Case Studies together for my ITEC Manicure & Pedicure exam. I was hoping that someone would have a Case Study that I could check out for some hints and tips and to ensure I'm ploughing ahead on the right track.

I have to do 5 Case Studies for this module 1 treatement per client for Manicure or Pedicure and one needs to include a French Polish. They have to include Consultation, Medical History, Treatment Plan, Details of each Treatment, and Home Care Advice.

So far I've completed one for a client with yellow stained nails(including my French Polish) and I am in the process of doing one for client with dry, flaky brittle nails, but I would love to check out some other peoples Case Studies for ideas and tips.

So does anyone have any?
tks,
Linda

Don't get annoyed, but I really think that your case studies should be yours and no one elses. I do not see how anothers case studies could help you personally complete your assignments.

If you are answering the criteria you list then that is all you need to do. Not every client needs to be a problem.

Mature nails
Bitten nails
normal nails
misshaped nails

are a few of the types of nails you could cover.

Hi Linda

Have to ask another little bit on this. This is really no critism of you as you are just doing what you've been told, but, do you only have to do one treatment on each client?

The reason I ask is that if you need to create a treatment plan following a consultation, how do you know if your cients hands/nails are responding, if you got it right or (and this is where gaining experience comes in) what happens next (and every client is different!)

Maybe I'm jumping the gun and all this is to come for you. Hope so as this is one of the most important aspects. One can learn the theory of anything but when it's applied to real life, things don't always go according to plan :confused:.

You've had 2 responses, neither have given you what you asked for! Geeg is right and I'm just plain nosy.

Marian

I'm not sure what a case study involves, but if it isn't too lengthy then why not paste it on to here - you'll soon get some responses as to whether you are along the right tracks or not!! ... be brave, you'll learn loads if it's not right, or sit in satisfaction if it is.

Hi Linda,

I did this last year so know how you feel.

After I did my first case study I got my tutor to look through it quickly just so I knew I'd covered everything.

If it's any help, I did one case study for manicure, and one for pedicure where I wrote down EVERYTHING I did, literally step by step, detail by detail, e.g what angle I held the file, when I'd used the cut-out technique, what angle cuticle knife was against the nail plate etc.etc. Then, on my other studies, I just put for example: Manicure carried out as per appendix x and just added in any bits I'd done differently or if I'd forgotten to do any part of it. I did the same for Pre-client prep, aftercare advice given - that way the examiner and your tutor aren't reading masses of the same info over and over again.

Marian has made a good point about only needing to treat client once, as otherwise you can't account for changes/problems, but certainly when I did my ITEC course last year it only required one treatment per client - there wasn't a requirment to include follow up info (although if you do have a client you see more than once it won't hurt to include a little section on whether all was OK, any improvements/problems, apart from anything, it's a good learning tool for yourself).

I was concerned though with the following bit you wrote:

I have to do 5 Case Studies for this module 1 treatement per client for Manicure or Pedicure and one needs to include a French Polish. They have to include Consultation, Medical History, Treatment Plan, Details of each Treatment, and Home Care Advice.

We had to do 5 case studies for manicure, and 5 for pedicure. (We were allowed to use the same client, and think all of on my course did so).

You seem to be on the right track though, choosing clients with different types of nails. We were advised to use clients of different ages too, so you don't look as though you're limiting your services to a particular age group. May be good if one of your manicure models was male as well, so you can demonstrate how you tailor your service to them.

Hope all this helps. Good luck & enjoy, it's a great course and very informative.

Hi guys,

First off thanks for all the replies.
Geeg - I know I'm naughty but I wasn't going to copy, honest!

I'm not brave enough to paste my case studies so far but based on your feedback I think I will ask my tutor to look over it and tell me if I am going in the right direction. Then I can amend the style or details whilst I'm still doing them rather than having to go back and change each one of them after they're finished.

The ITEC course description says 1 treatment per client, but what it really means is, 1 treatment plan per client, but I have to document repeated manicures and record the date, signature of client and the outcome in my conclusion.

Thanks again guys, I'll let you know how I get on!

Linda

Latest posts

Back