It's back! Shming Shmong part deux!!! The revenge of the demon nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tentips said:
I am a little worried about posting this. I thought my traing was 'a ok' but since reading this thread I am going to scuttle away in shame and take my POLYFILLA with me:cry: .
I so wish I had the training that you ladies have had. Flour and water sounds brill!:green:
polyfilla....dont mock it, you were trained with a far superior product than i was......:green:

Step by Step for a relaxing rejuvenating spa pedicure!

Spray clients feet with Dettol spray
Cut toenails with teeth and file with dry piece of toast
Apply Caustic Soda liberally to remove cuticle
Soak feet in an empty ice cream box, add some Dishwasher powder for added fragrance and a really deep cleanse!
Use Astonish or Sugar Soap (99p from Homebase!!) to scrub legs and feet
Rinse
Use a potato peeler to peel off hard skin, you could use the grater or a brick to remove the skin but the peeler is soo much quicker!
Massage in Flux as an intense moisturiser

Handy Hint - Use shoe polish in place of xxxxx for an instant tan!

*JOANNE* said:
polyfilla....dont mock it, you were trained with a far superior product than i was......:green:
OOOOH I could have taken this opportunity to be soooo awful, but I wont, Im not a bi**h:lol::lol::lol:

Oceana said:
Step by Step for a relaxing rejuvenating spa pedicure!

Spray clients feet with Dettol spray
Cut toenails with teeth and file with dry piece of toast
Apply Caustic Soda liberally to remove cuticle
Soak feet in an empty ice cream box, add some Dishwasher powder for added fragrance and a really deep cleanse!
Use Astonish or Sugar Soap (99p from Homebase!!) to scrub legs and feet
Rinse
Use a potato peeler to peel off hard skin, you could use the grater or a brick to remove the skin but the peeler is soo much quicker!
Massage in Flux as an intense moisturiser

Handy Hint - Use shoe polish in place of xxxxx for an instant tan!

How far in advance do I have to book,
I WANT ONE NOW:!:

tamimac said:
OOOOH I could have taken this opportunity to be soooo awful, but I wont, Im not a bi**h:lol::lol::lol:
pmsl....

Gemma surprisingly I dont have any clients booked in at the moment.....................

So whenever you want!
As a fellow geek I will even give you an added extra of a masque! I use tomato soup....its detoxifying don't you know.

Oceana said:
Gemma surprisingly I dont have any clients booked in at the moment.....................

So whenever you want!
As a fellow geek I will even give you an added extra of a masque! I use tomato soup....its detoxifying don't you know.

Leaving now, be with you shortly!

OK, I'll dig out some crayons as well in case you want them painted.

Hey ladies.... do you think I should put my natural nail gel overlays on special?
Everyone keeps asking about that 'organic gel' being better for your nails so, as it looks like Im coming down with a corking cold (handy for me) I'll have an excessive amount of the organic gel to shift this week! :eek:

Glorsclaws said:
Hey ladies.... do you think I should put my natural nail gel overlays on special?
Everyone keeps asking about that 'organic gel' being better for your nails so, as it looks like Im coming down with a corking cold (handy for me) I'll have an excessive amount of the organic gel to shift this week! :eek:

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist that one! 100% organic AND recycled, hell how environmentally friendly can you get!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gloria Gloria I think this is the best so far! IF you want to do some nail art little Millie has eaten something dodgy in the garden so in a few days I can have some multicoloured organic "matter" for you!!!!!!!!!

omg I am so gross x

Sorry Sass, I was going to keep it between us until my launch at the Nailympics but then it occured to me, I need the input from my fellow Geeks on product names and where to find nice cheap containers for my new line.
Ive already got the curing sorted .... Mark bought me a batch of cheap candles for when we get the leccy cut off again, ooh, um err, I mean for all those romantic candle lit microwave snax we have.
Anyway, if you hover a product coated nail at just the right height above the said lit candle, it crusts, sorry...cures rather nicely and at the same time emits a lovely natural waft of bruning keratin and err, product. Very au natrel... these holistic therapists are going to be beating down my door... you watch!

ooh vinegar would make an excellent primer!! xx

Oceana said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Gloria Gloria I think this is the best so far! IF you want to do some nail art little Millie has eaten something dodgy in the garden so in a few days I can have some multicoloured organic "matter" for you!!!!!!!!!

omg I am so gross x
Ewww CB my stomach is churning at the thought of all the lovely moolah I can make with this natural product line.
You wouldnt care to come and demonstrate on my stand (no.000) at the Nailympics next month would you?

well Glo you could call them S'not Nice Nails!

Wow Glo are you sure??? Wow what an honour! Of course I will demo for you!

I can demo a few of my famous pedicures too if you like.

Here is something I have been working on in secret....but I'll share...

How to make nails with mechanic/garage related items:

Used prep and sanitise (screen wash is fantastic)
Tailor some forms to fit nail (I use cut up oil filters)
Melt down a tyre and when soft and pliable "squidge" onto the form
Let dry
Apply engine oil and buff to a high shine with one of those electric car shiner thingies

These nails come in black only, soooo fashionable at the moment.

Tips:
Brake fluid makes a super primer
The tester paints for touching up scratches are AMAZING polishes, last so long too and in a huge variety of colours!
For a trendy new take on "black tips" just scratch around on the garage floor

Sassy Hassy said:
well Glo you could call them S'not Nice Nails!
Ooh I Love it! Love it! Love it! Sass.
I really dont know how you managed to come up with something so stunningly original in such a short time... ah! ... that is unless you were planning a similar launch. :eek:
Tell me youre not Sass, please!
Well it doesnt matter if you are anyway because I have a beauty bi-line to go with mine. Again emphasis is on the natural... mud face packs & lotions, & fantastically gritty exofliator, my secret ingredient being ...'pure, from the earth ....GRIT!'
Im only going with natural substances you see ... all lovingly cultivated in my own beautiful back garden. My product line will have a special offer launch especially for Geeky techs & therapists. Prices on application ... ridiculously over priced & underpackaged as you'd come to expect from me!

OOh CB ... dunno if the garage nails will go with my new natural line. OOh what the hell, we need to cater for all so we need the urban types as well as the naturalists. Hope you've got a stunningly sexy pair of oil stained overalls to demo in!

Glorsclaws said:
Ooh I Love it! Love it! Love it! Sass.
I really dont know how you managed to come up with something so stunningly original in such a short time... ah! ... that is unless you were planning a similar launch. :eek:
Tell me youre not Sass, please!
Well it doesnt matter if you are anyway because I have a beauty bi-line to go with mine. Again emphasis is on the natural... mud face packs & lotions, & fantastically gritty exofliator, my secret ingredient being ...'pure, from the earth ....GRIT!'
Im only going with natural substances you see ... all lovingly cultivated in my own beautiful back garden. My product line will have a special offer launch especially for Geeky techs & therapists. Prices on application ... ridiculously over priced & underpackaged as you'd come to expect from me!

Glo,

I read your post with interest and was wondering if I could give you some advice.

I find to get that really gritty exfoliator that you are trying to achieve, all you need to do is add some cat litter.

Now to make it extra special and really organic, you can get some mud from your garden as you've already mentioned, but if your pet has a particular area in the garden that they use as a loo, it might be worth while getting your ingredients from there and then mixing with the cat litter.

I promise you, you will never look back once you've used this formula. It also makes a really good hand and foot exfoliator.

River

Great thread

I would use food colouring for nail art, and fondant icing is so cool for 3d work, It's so easy if you make a mistake, just wipe it off with your fingers, and straight in the mouth, you don't even have to stop for lunch, yummmmmmmy.

The best finishing product for that lovely just finished shine, is lemon smelling Mr sheen, smells so fresh, better than anything else.

Latest posts

Back