IVF Medication

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
Does anyone know if or how this affects nail enhancements and keeping hem on?

I have a client who firstly is a reformed nail biter who I know cant resist a nibble but every time I see her she explains which ones "just came off as a whole". Her last set were sculpts and I cant believe that they just came away like this. She would have needed real determination to bite those babies off.

Does anyone have experience of IVF treatment having this effect?

I'm not an expert at all, but I believe when you're undergoing IVF etc. they pump you full of hormones in the form of tablets and injections and all sorts :irked:

When I'm suffering from PMT my nails are appalling, they're really dry, lift like crazy and I can chew off an entire set in under 30 seconds and not know I've done it (being a nail biter by nature) :cry:

The dry skin makes me bite the skin too and they bleed and are sore for about a week.

I know it's stupid, and horrible to look at, especially on a Nail Tech! :o , but I can't help it as I'm usually not aware of it until it's too late. When Husband sees me chewing my nails he says 'it's that time again then is it!' :evil:

Not sure if any medical reason may exist - I would suggest GMG or Geeg would be the best source of knowledge on that aspect - but from an emotional one hope this helps.

Regards
Trin
xx

emmad said:
Does anyone know if or how this affects nail enhancements and keeping hem on?

I have a client who firstly is a reformed nail biter who I know cant resist a nibble but every time I see her she explains which ones "just came off as a whole". Her last set were sculpts and I cant believe that they just came away like this. She would have needed real determination to bite those babies off.

Does anyone have experience of IVF treatment having this effect?

I'm not a medical expert but I have been through IVF on two occasions. I found that the procedure had no effect on my nails at all. Though it was a very stressfull period for just over a month. I would suspect that a nail bitter going through those sorts of levels of stress would subconsciously or otherwise cause her to bite her nails.

There are side effects that my doctor went through although there was no mention of changes in nails or hair.

I hope that she is successful with the treatment.

Thanks guys. BTW I realise on reading my post back that it was really insensitive to call her nails "babies", I feel really bad about that, just a turn of phrase and I wasnt thinking. The last set I gave her were very strong looking, good prep etc.

At our last consultation I felt the need to point out to her how dry her skin was and suggested how I could help. Shes a lady under enourmous stress anyway, has a child with special needs (thats how I know her as my little boys attends the same special needs playgroup), her husband is paralysed and this was her 7th attempt at IVF. Unfortunately although initial tests were positive, the second test showed no pregnancy.

She hates her own nails, ragged hypernichium and short nail beds and wants them to look nice but I think she just cant keep them out of her mouth without realising it. I know she doesnt look after them although she says she wears gloves, I know that she helped out a local school recently washing down all their outside play equipment and did wear anything.

So frustrating not to be able to help her and i feel a bit guilty about taking her money even though I know they only last a few days.

Latest posts

Back