Overlay nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgoons

Reaction score
Hi all.

My MIL takes my 9 year old daughter to get her nails done often. I have no idea the difference in nail polish options.
She came home with overlay nails this time. I feel like she is a little too young to get overlay nails, but I am going off what I read on google. Would you say it’s appropriate for a 9 year old to have overlays?
Thanks in advance.

No, absolutely not, she's too young to be exposed the the chemicals involved in acrylic or gel overlays. Many insurance companies will not allow clients under 16 for this very reasons.

There are plenty of nail polish options

No, absolutely not, she's too young to be exposed the the chemicals involved in acrylic or gel overlays. Many insurance companies will not allow clients under 16 for this very reasons.

There are plenty of nail polish options
Thank you for your response!!!
I personally went to the same nail salon and asked for the same thing my daughter got. The power ended up burning my skin some. So I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t being dramatic when I say she was too young to get those done.

Thank you for your response!!!
I personally went to the same nail salon and asked for the same thing my daughter got. The power ended up burning my skin some. So I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t being dramatic when I say she was too young to get those done.

Who cares if they think you are being dramatic, your child, your choices, not someone else's.

Latest posts

Back