John Unger and Schoep

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
As you know I'm not normally associated with "fluffy" threads but I wanted to share this with you, the better to show the power of a single image.

I defy any of you not to be moved by the story of this man and his dog, now sadly passed away, aged 20.
Schoep had arthritis and John used to take him swimming in Lake Superior, to ease his pain, and help him relax. This photo is Schoep asleep in John's arms.

I've spent half the days in tears looking at this, and have even reduced two of my clients to sobs!

You can read all about them on Facebook, and on YouTube.

Photo courtesy of Hannah Stonehouse Hudson.
616747_453403014681102_1814662650_o.jpg

schoep.jpg

Well that has finished me off today Lynne. I remember seeing this a while back. Hubby just looked at me wondering what was wrong. Had to show him u tube, Uh oh!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Oh how sad yet so beautiful. I love this man for doing this for Schoep. This is pure unconditional love and when the time comes John will have no regrets. He will just have lots and lots of memories both happy and sad. Thank you Lynne for posting and yes I filled up too xx

Oh, I know, it is so bittersweet! I love that photo. Although it is so sad, it allows us to be part of the very beautiful bond between them. And I think that's why it resonates so deeply with us. And probably also because we've also loved a pet that much, so we know how it feels.

I didn't know about this till now, so sad his dog and best friend died x

I've seen this on Facebook over the last year or so, and have read and followed their story. Also filled up today on reading his sad news. Bet the poor man's devastated.

Latest posts

Back