jumbled up mobile tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

how long do you all spend doing cuticle work before a full set or maintenance appoint?
if a client was to come to you with awful cuticles, then surely this would take your overall time a lot longer than if a client came in with looked after cuticles
do you think it might be a good idea to advertise that if you havent looked after your nails very well, that you could have a minni-manicure first at an extra charge because time is money afterall.
i am about to start mobile in a couple of weeks and am scared i wont book enough time in to do a good job
how long do you think i should leave in my diary for setting up etc? i also intend to ask full consultation and client record info and get client to sign all incl. to say i have given them an aftercare leaftlet.
im so worried i will over book myself!
im also worried i wont get enough clients but as far as i know, i will be the only mobile in my town.
ive got nerves big time!
i have never worked before due to daughter (4) and college etc and will be starting my own business-omg i didnt realise i was this scared!
im also dreading getting really bad nail biters as i havent had a lot of practice with them
please help
xx

Hi

First of all cuticles: i use cnd cuticle remover which i find really good, fast and effective. I ususally spend 15-20 mins on prep. I know this may sound like a long time but if you spend the time now it will pay its self back on your other appointments with the client as they will be much less likely to suffer service breakdown ie lifting etc.
If when you get to a clients house and your feel there nails are in far to bad a state then offer them some FULL manicures to get them into a good enough condition to apply nails to. (give them a time frame eg 1 manicure a week for a month and then you will do them a set of nails.)
You are quite right to keep good records, make a note of what you have charged them too.
Nail biters are a challenge but it can be very rewarding to turn a client from a nail biter into someone who loves and cares for their nails.
Start a porfolio now taking before and after piccis to show prospective clients. Dont worry about not having enough clients if you do a good job word will soon spread. Be firm from the start about your working hours, dont let clients take advantage of you you still need to spend family time with your daughter so be really FIRM! :hug:

If you are really worried about what you will come across when you arrive "blind" at an appointment then why not prepare a mini-consultation when they book ie do you bite your nails, have you got hard cuticles etc, it's still tricky as I have had people say their nails are badly bitten, and all they mean is they have bitten off the free edge rather than going for a megamunch!! Don't forget that this happens in salons too - we only book X amount of time for each appointment so extra challenges have to be fitted in to this time.

Just one word of advice, when you book your appointments make it clear that you need to work in a quiet area where you will be uninterrupted, that the client cannot eat or smoke when having their treatments etc. When I was mobile I had a few nightmare experiences with kids running around, peopls smoking, really loud music etc and found my concentration levels weren't at their best.

Good luck hun, and I hope you have a full to brim diary - mobile is very popular, so as you are the only one I'm sure you'll do well.

Latest posts

Back