Just completed first tantick tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impulse1976

Reaction score
Hi all,

Oh my god i was so nervous, i have just done my first two tans without my trainer.

Firstly i did my best friend Dawn, she usually wears st tropez, she is a red head with fair skin i tried to advice her to use essense of summer but she wanted 8% so whats what she got. I found that i used a lot of solution to do this tan. I didnt seem to go on as well as the EOS that i used in training and the guide line was a lot darker which helped me. I found that there was alot of overspray and at the bottom of her back it was quite wet, so i dabbed it like i was shown and it took the guide tan off and went white underneath so i resprayed this area - was this the right thing to do? When she left she looked a lovely colour and i hope that she likes it because she said she will be ditching the st tropez and having regular treatments with me.

Secondly i did my mum just from waist upwards, she had soe which whe had in my training session. I felt more confident as the guide line was lighter and i felt i wasnt over loading the liquid onto her body unlike the base of the back on Dawn. I did forget to turn the nozzle at an angle when spraying her arms though - i hope this wont make any difference.

I will give you updates when they let me know what their tans are like in the morning.

p.s. couldnt get my blooming tent down again, i realised that it was folded the wrong way - once refolded it was simple :):lol:

well done you!!!
its nervewracking when you are let loose on your own isnt it!!
i think you did the right thing by dabbing off and respraying lightly, it will look gorgeous in the morning!!!
as regards to overspary , did you have the valve at the back turned on too fully?
turning it down a tad , helps, spray on couch roll to see how it comes out, this is what i do

forgeting to turn the nozzle i think shouldnt make any difference, as long as you went over the areas that this would have missed?

good luck and way to go

hth xx( i am only a newbie tanner too, so i hope this info is correct)

Her back looked a mess but when it dried it didnt look too bad in the end.

Not sure which valve you mean, i had the one near where you can angle the nozzle to the lowest spray - i hope that was right - i didnt move it from where my trainer had it.

I am so nervous because i want them to look nice and advertise for me.

Good luck to you too.

Don't worry too much hun, i am sure once they have showered off the colour guide it will be fine,
does sound like you needed to turn down the amount of spray that was coming out of your gun,
you can always call in with your kit if you want me to refresh your memory and go over anything that your not too sure of, you only live down the road from me so its no problem and will be nice to see you again too :hug:

thanks Louise, i will see what they look like tomorrow :)
I might need a bit of refreshing on the nozzle and the amount of spray but i will let you know - thank you for the offer.x

Your welcome hun, anytime :hug:

Here is an update from my first two clients.

Mum who had upper body with SOE - She said her face looked lovely and she doesnt have to wear any make up. Her arm was a bit patchy and a patch where i have missed. I am going back tonight just to spray her with the mist for this bit and hopefull this will make it even.

Dawn who had full body with 8% - She said she was very impressed and the colour was lovely. She had a big stripe on her left thumb, a dot under her arm pits and two dots inbetween her boobs - she thinks this may have been where i dabbed her when it went wet.

Any advice on how i can make sure the above doesnt happen again?

Thanks geeks.

Here is an update from my first two clients.

Mum who had upper body with SOE - She said her face looked lovely and she doesnt have to wear any make up. Her arm was a bit patchy and a patch where i have missed. I am going back tonight just to spray her with the mist for this bit and hopefull this will make it even.

Dawn who had full body with 8% - She said she was very impressed and the colour was lovely. She had a big stripe on her left thumb, a dot under her arm pits and two dots inbetween her boobs - she thinks this may have been where i dabbed her when it went wet.

Sounds like you did a good job overall for your first tans. The hands a tricky area to get right, you need to pull further away and lightly mist up the hands with 3 - 4 strokes. Less is definitely more. I would imagine you got between the boobs too wet from spraying directly into the cleavage area. Work the upper torso by spraying crescent shapes across each shoulder moving inwards towards the mid line, but don't spray directly into the cleavage area or above. As for the underarm, make sure you don't spray directly into the underarm, spray above and below and ask your client to keep her upper arms a little distance away from her torso to allow a few mins for the solution to dry up a bit.

Any advice on how i can make sure the above doesnt happen again?

Thanks geeks.

You will probably get it happen again.. its early days yet and we all went through this trial and error period. Please don't be too hard on yourself, you sounded to have done a great job.. well done :)

Thanks i was really nervous because i advised her to use the 5% but she wanted to look tanned and i didnt want her to look tangoed :)

I did get the boob area too wet and i dabbed so i wont do that again.

I did use alot of solution on these tans though - how can i use less?

Latest posts

Back