Keeping my own nails on!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie Atkinso

Reaction score
As with the rest of you i take great pride and pleasure making eveyones nails look great but can i keep my own nice? No matter how much i try they look awfull, i end up filing them away at a slant on my right hand(im right handed) and as soon as i use scrubfresh or enemal remover they look pants again, anybody got any tips to help me lead my clients by example!!!!:irked:

i have long almond shape enhancements on i lurvvve the shape, with this shape i dont file my nails away whilst doing other peoples nails. as for protection i use nsi's airshield over my polish this protects them from scrubfresh and varnish remover as airshield takes a bit of scrubbing to get off.
when i dont wear enamel i have a uv gloss finishing gel over my enhancements(ez flow's finish it is brill for this)......this stops your own l&p enhancements from breaking down when using e.g tip remover, scrubfresh
hth

Thanks very much,the uv gloss, do u need a uv light for this, as i dont do gel at he moment x
joannerowselluge said:
i have long almond shape enhancements on i lurvvve the shape, with this shape i dont file my nails away whilst doing other peoples nails. as for protection i use nsi's airshield over my polish this protects them from scrubfresh and varnish remover as airshield takes a bit of scrubbing to get off.
when i dont wear enamel i have a uv gloss finishing gel over my enhancements(ez flow's finish it is brill for this)......this stops your own l&p enhancements from breaking down when using e.g tip remover, scrubfresh
hth

cant help with the filing as i still seem to get mine, but as for scrubfresh and remover etc, i use the raham pads from creative. their great as the liquid absorbes into one side of them as doesnt touch your own nails

yes you do.
if you dont have a uvlamp nsi do a top coat for enhancements that has to be buffed off and can be aircured or cured under a normal lightbulb it is called thermoshield.

joannerowsell i use nsi's airshield over my polish this protects them from scrubfresh and varnish remover as airshield takes a bit of scrubbing to get off. [/QUOTE said:
Is Airshield like Thermoshield. I guess by the name that it doesn't need to go under a lamp? Is it thick and gloopy though? Although I love Thermoshield, it goes very gloopy and it's getting on my nerves. xxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
Is Airshield like Thermoshield. I guess by the name that it doesn't need to go under a lamp? Is it thick and gloopy though. Although I love Thermoshield, It goes very gloopy and it's getting on my nerves. xxx
airshield doesnt need a lamp to cure it is fab over polish dries hard in 3 mins but.............it does thicken

joannerowsell said:
airshield doesnt need a lamp to cure it is fab over polish dries hard in 3 mins but.............it does thicken

Cheers.......................I'll give it try. xx

Kimmi

get the thermodrops they thin the thermoshield out and stop it being gloopy.

The airshield is not as good as the thermoshield and smells rough.

hi melanie,

i use faze 2 on my nails as a top coat and nothing moves it you have to buff your enamal of. you dont need a lamp just put 2 coats on a minimum of 5 hours after your enamal, i generally leave it until the next day if you put it on too soon after the enamal it cracks. i got it from the one stop nail shop and the price is good too

Hi Melanie'

I wrap Coflex around my thumb and index finger as these are the nails i usually damage whist doing nails, it's brilliant stuff and since using it i've had no probs with ruining my own nails.
hth, ;)

I don't catch my nails anymore, Geeg posted a way to hold the finger and keep yours out the way :smack:

I do however have a permentant red patch on the first knuckle of my left index finger where I work up some heat with my Girlfriend buffer and create a burn :lol:

But Ketan Patel did the same thing when I was up there a week ago, so I feel in good company :Love:

Trin
xx

Latest posts

Back