Keratin complex on very curly hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmyyy

Reaction score
Hi all :)

I have a client wanting keratin to straighten her very course curly hair... She says she has previously had a keratin treatment and prefers this over having it permanently relaxed.

I went and picked up 'keratin complex intelligent blow dry' treatment today as recommended by the wholesalers, but after reading a few posts on here im not sure if its the best thing to use to straighten her hair? The lady at the shop said it can be used to straighten, or can be used for a more natural smoother look, but ive now read that its mainly for smoothing the hair and making it more manageable (not actually straightening)... Please could someone advise me as im not too confident in this area!

Also has anyone used keratin complex on curly hair and if so, what were the results (before and after)??

Thanks in advance!! ☺️

If she's had it done before she should know it's not a 'straightening' treatment but a 'smoothing' treatment. It should make her hair easier to manage, easier to blow-dry, less frizzy, therefore making it easier for her to achieve straight hair at home.

After you've done the treatment it will be straight,
But she shouldn't expect to not have to do anything to her hair and it just be like that.

I've not used it for years but I think Keratin Complex is great I've seen the best results from this brand, beautiful silky & shiny.

Thank you for your reply! Yes i've explained that to her...

Which keratin complex treatment did you use? And was it one that goes on wet hair, then rinsed and then has a balm to apply, then rinse and then blowdry and straighten? ...i thought you put the treatment on dry hair after shampooing, then blowdry and then flat iron, without rinsing it away But the pack instructions say otherwise... Can anyone share their experiences? Thanks x

This is the pack i have.. Sorry about the upside down photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 36
image.png I think it was that one but I'm talking a good 5 years ago... It was was the one where you shampoo,dry, apply treatment, leave for half hour(I think) blowdry in, then iron. Don't shampoo for 3 or 4 days after.

Your one must be the new range out, where did you get it from?

Have a look on their website it's pretty good, loads of info I've just had a look :)

I got it from rendezvous our local supplier... I just spoke to a lady from keratin complex, she said they dont stock their 'natural smoothing treatment' anymore as she doesnt think it was compliant in the uk anymore :/ i guess ill have to try the intelligent blowdry one but im not too confident it will have the same effect!

Are there any other good keratin treatment brands you have come across? Sorry for all the questions guys! X

I got it from rendezvous our local supplier... I just spoke to a lady from keratin complex, she said they dont stock their 'natural smoothing treatment' anymore as she doesnt think it was compliant in the uk anymore :/ i guess ill have to try the intelligent blowdry one but im not too confident it will have the same effect!

Are there any other good keratin treatment brands you have come across? Sorry for all the questions guys! X
Old post I know but can I ask how you got on with the keratin complex blow dry? Thanks x

Latest posts

Back