Kids spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyAnnJ

Reaction score
I have just been asked by a new client to do a tan on 11 year old and a 4 year old for a wedding.

I have never done a spray on kids before, is this ok to do?? And also I normally charge £20 a tan but should I charge less for kids that age???

Please help I'm stuck!

Would you really consider it?? They are children and a 4 year old?!
Sorry, lots of punctuation there. What does your insurance policy say?

Can't believe parents want their kids to be tanned for a wedding lol what's so wrong with being their natural colour

My instinct would be to say no for kids that young .
Couldn't the mum use a manual application product at home if it is so necessary ?

I would refuse it. I don't think your insurance would cover you either

I dont see the need for kids to be spray tanned and when she said 11 and especially 4 I was a bit put back!
But because I am new to this I just wanted opinions / advise etc.

I have now told her I'll check my insurance due to age of kids and will get back to her. Will check my insurance.

If you don't want to do it, just tell her that your insurance won't cover YOU.

Easy get out card. :)

Most Spray tans contain DHD and I'd be very weary of tanning a child as I'd worry if the child inhales it. The insurance rules are there for a reason. If in doubt leave it out. Don't question yourself refusing to do it.

I would say no as well, not worth the money for the possible issues you might accrue from it. I wouldn't feel right tanning anyone that young... not for me.

I think it's awful a parent would want their child fake tanned... It's a sad sad world! [emoji17]

omg disgusting! a 4 year old lol poor kids!!!

I would say no. Even if it wasn't a moral or insurance thing I'm sure there is no way the 4 year old could follow the aftercare. They would probably end up coming back with patches from playing or spilling their drink or whatever.

I'm happy to do someone around the age of 15 with parental consent because this is usually prom age but I'd be reluctant to go younger x

Latest posts

Back